One.

"You're new. Right?"

"Um... yeah." Camila glances up at the other girl who sat down in front of her in the library. She has to admit that she's kind of intimidated by her; the girl is practically oozing confidence, and Camila is probably the most socially awkward person ever. "I'm Camila Cabello."

The girl smiles at her. "Dinah Jane Hansen. Nice to meet you, Camila Cabello. You were in my physics class, but I didn't get a chance to talk to you before you shot out of the door."

Camila laughs softly. "Uh, yeah, I figured it'd probably be crowded in the cafeteria so I tried getting there as quickly as I could get myself a banana."

"So, Camila, how are you liking this hell hole of a school so far?" Dinah asks her. "Clearly you don't enjoy it, if you're holed up in the library of all places."

"It's not too bad, actually." Camila admits. "And I happen to like the library. It's quiet."

"God, you sound just like my friend. But you know where else is quiet? The art room." Dinah says. "You should come and sit with me and my friends. That's where we go."

Camila blinks in surprise. "Are you serious?"

"Deathly serious." Dinah stands up and nods towards the door. "Come on, Camila Cabello. Make some friends."

She's still a little stunned, but she packs her book away and follows Dinah out of the library. The other girl leads her out of the main school building and towards a smaller building which Camila knows is for creative arts, since her music class was in there that morning. But when they follow the path to the music room, they take a sudden left turn and head towards a different classroom.

Dinah holds open a classroom door for her, and Camila follows her inside to face three other girls sat around one of the tables. Camila smiles politely as Dinah introduces her. "Guys, this is Camila. Camila, this is Ally, Normani and Lauren."

Two out of three of the girls, the ones Dinah had identified as Ally and Normani, look up at her and flash her bright smiles. The other girl, Lauren, keeps her gaze directed towards the sketchbook she's drawing in, and while Camila is a little offended that she doesn't seem too polite, she figures that maybe she's just shy.

Still, it'd be nice if she made an effort.

"Are you new around this area?" Ally flashes her a warm smile as she sits down in the free chair between Normani and Lauren.

"Um, yeah. I moved from out of state." Camila explains. "It was because of my dad's job."

Normani hums. "Well, you'll settle in eventually, right?"

"I guess so." Camila nods and drums her fingers on the desk absentmindedly. "So, how long have you guys known each other?"

Dinah smiles. "Mani and I have known each other since preschool, and we made friends with Ally in first grade. We met Lauren after that in third grade."

Camila blinks in surprise. Apparently they're a very close knit group of friends. Why would they want to adopt her into their little group? They seem to go back quite far. "Oh, that's cool."

"Enough about us, though," Ally beams at her again, "Did you leave any friends behind at your old school?"

"Yeah." Camila nods. "My friends Marielle and Sandra. They're sisters. It's going to be weird not seeing them every day, but we promised we'd text each other."

Normani shrugs. "Well, they'll probably come and visit you, right? How far away from Miami is your old house?"

"It's in New York, actually." Camila tells her. "The weather is a big change – shorts in September is never really something I could get away with back home."