Nine.

Brace yourselves for this one. ;) Also - warning for ableist slurs/panic attacks/sensory overload. I'm sorry. You'll either hate me or love me for this chapter. Or both.

-

"Where's Lauren?" Camila asks as she sits down next to Ally. "I haven't seen her all day."

"She didn't tell you?" Normani frowns. "She had to get her wisdom teeth out today. Her mom is letting her have the day off for it."

Camila's eyes widen. "She's having someone rip her teeth out and she didn't tell me?"

Ally laughs. "She didn't tell Dinah and me either. She mentioned it in passing to Mani and she told us. We figured she'd tell you herself since she seems so close to you recently."

"I'm going to go and see her tonight." Camila decides, checking her purse to make sure she has enough money to go to the store and buy ice cream for her friend. That's good for after wisdom teeth removal, right? Or was it tonsils? Camila has no idea. "What time is her surgery?"

Dinah grabs her phone and checks the time. "I think it happened like an hour ago. Depending on what time you go over, she might still be all loopy from the pain meds."

"Oh, please film it," Normani laughs, "that'd be perfect to put on Instagram."

Camila smiles at the thought of a drugged Lauren, but shakes her head. "I can't film her. I'd feel bad. Besides, you all know she'd probably convince me to delete it with her cute little compliments."

"Not if she doesn't know you have it." Dinah replies, smirking at her. "Or maybe you're just whipped and don't want to do it because you like her."

Normani snickers, and Camila is pretty sure even Ally laughs at Dinah's comment. "What? You think I like Lauren?"

"Well, you do look like the human embodiment of the heart eyes emoji when you see her." Ally points out.

Normani hums in agreement. "And it's not exactly a secret that she likes you too."

Camila frowns. They think that Lauren likes her? No way. The thought is ridiculous. She and Lauren are just friends, obviously. "Lauren doesn't like me."

"Walz, you've got to be blind if you can't see how heart eyes she is over you." Dinah rolls her eyes. "Lauser isn't really that subtle. She stares at you like-"

"Like I'm the only person in the room?" Camila deadpans with a similar eye roll, before reiterating her earlier point. "She doesn't like me."

"Actually, I was going to say like she wants to shove her tongue down your throat, but sure, you can put it like that." Dinah smirks when Camila turns red. "And yes, she does like you. Pretty sure Mani can confirm that."

"Nope." Normani shakes her head. "I'm sworn to secrecy. I can't say anything."

Dinah scoffs. "Lauren's been so obvious since day one. Ever since Mila showed up, Lauser's been whipped as hell. She does little doodles of her in her sketchbook and she's always staring at her. She's like- you know those girls in middle school who write their crush's name in their notebook? That's Ralph."

"Dinah, I'm sure that if Lauren does like Mila, she doesn't want everyone to know about it." Ally tries to shut the other girl up, to no avail. "If she likes Camila and wants her to know, she'd tell her."

"Actually, I don't think she'd tell her." Normani replies. "It never goes well for her when she approaches her crushes, and I think that put her off."