Forty Six.

Lauren knocks on the door and rocks on her heels, holding out her overnight bag as she waits for it to open. When the door swings open and she sees Camila with a bowl of candy, she smiles and says, "Trick or treat!"

Camila laughs and beckons her inside. "Come on, dork. Get out of the cold."

"I'm not-" Lauren frowns as Camila ushers her in, "I wasn't kidding. Give me some candy."

Camila grabs a Reese's peanut butter cup, unwraps it and shoves it in her girlfriend's mouth. "There. Happy Halloween."

Once Lauren has chewed through the peanut butter cup, she wipes her mouth and sends Camila a smile. "I like your costume. Harley Quinn. Nice."

"Thanks, baby," Camila grins and kisses her cheek. "Nice vampire costume. I'm sure Sofi's going to love seeing 'Lamp' come to life in front of her."

"What time are we taking her trick or treating until?" Lauren asks, rocking on her heels. "And when are we setting off?"

"We're going at around five. It's kind of too early right now and my mom is still getting the decorations up. Plus, Sofi is busy getting ready. She stole some of my makeup and insisted on doing it herself, so she's probably going to take about six hours." Camila estimates, putting the candy bowl down by the door.

(Lauren steals another peanut butter cup when she's not looking.)

"Shall I go help her while you're waiting for any early trick or treaters?" Lauren asks, not being very subtle as she unwraps the peanut butter cup. "She might let me help her."

"You can try." Camila nods towards the stairs. "At least it'll stop you from stealing the trick or treater candy."

Lauren blushes and darts behind Camila to steal a third peanut butter cup. "You'll never stop me from doing that. See you in a little while."

With that, Lauren runs upstairs and knocks on Sofi's door to warn her that someone is coming in, before opening it up and sending her girlfriend's sister a bright smile. "Hi, Sofi! Happy Halloween!"

Sofi turns around with Camila's eyeliner pencil in her hand. "L-Lamp!"

"Camz told me you're taking a while to get ready. Shall I help you?" Lauren asks, sitting down on the end of Sofi's bed. "I'm not very good at doing makeup, but that'll make it scarier."

Sofi looks her over and points to her eye makeup, because Lauren had made her mom put a lot of black eyeliner on her to give her a more 'vampire' look. "Yes. Do it l-like yours, p-please."

Lauren takes the eyeliner and frowns. "My mom did mine. My little sister helped too. Her name is Taylor. She's not little like you, she's fourteen right now, but still... she's still the baby of the family."

"Fourteen is old," Sofi points out, and Lauren shakes her head, because fourteen is definitely not old. Fourteen is tiny to her.

"It's not old." Lauren rolls her eyes as she starts with Sofi's eyeliner. "I think twenty is really old, but I'm only two years away from that, which is kind of scary. I don't really want to turn twenty."

Sofi frowns. "K-Kaki is three years a-away."

"Yeah, but that's because she's a year younger than me." Lauren says. "Well, eight months. Anyway, do you have a witch hat ready? You're going as a witch, right?"

"O-over there," Sofi points to the flattened witch hat on her bed, and then up to Lauren's mouth. "Where are y-your fangs?"

Lauren shrugs. "Downstairs in my overnight bag. They're kind of uncomfortable to wear, I don't like them much. But I'll wear them for realism when we're taking you trick or treating. I do like this cape a lot, though."