Three.

Camila spends her first week in Miami confused.

And that's down to Lauren Jauregui.

Whenever Camila arrives in the art room, Lauren falls silent. If Camila tries to make conversation, Lauren either ignores her or gives her one worded, awkward answers. But then in her first music class, Camila had been informed that 'her friend Lauren' wanted to sit with her.

She just doesn't understand it. She doesn't know what the other girl's intentions are, she doesn't know why Lauren is so quiet around her, and she doesn't know why she thinks they're friends. Because they're not.

Obviously.

From her fourth day onwards, Camila tries her best to ignore the other girl's presence entirely. And for the most part, it works. Aside from times they had to interact in class, Camila doesn't bother with the other girl. And on the last day of her first week, when she comes into school with good news, she tells it to Ally, Normani and Dinah. Not Lauren.

"Hey guys," She greets them collectively as she walks into the art room and sits down in her usual spot. "Listen, I have to ask you something."

"Sure, Mila." Dinah nods. "The floor is yours."

"So, I was wondering if you three maybe wanted to come over one night. You can sleep over if you want, but I figured we could have pizza and a movie marathon." Camila asks, admittedly a little nervous. "My mom keeps wanting to meet my new friends and she won't shut up about it."

"Sure, we'll come over." Ally smiles at her. "Text us all the details and we'll come."

"Sounds like it'll be fun." Normani says, before she turns around and flashes a smile to Lauren, who is late to the art room for some reason. "Hey, Lo."

Lauren worries her bottom lip between her teeth and nods. "Hi, Mani."

"Camila invited us all to a night at her house next week." Dinah tells her, and Camila inwardly cringes. She hadn't planned on inviting Lauren along. She'd figured that the operative words 'you three' had been enough to hint that the invitation was only extended to Normani, Ally and Dinah. "Are you in?"

Camila doesn't worry too much. There's no way that Lauren would want to come. They weren't friends, and the fact was obvious to anyone. She wouldn't actually-

"Okay." Lauren sits down in her seat and looks down at the floor. "Yes."

Crap. Camila fakes a smile. "Glad to know everyone can make it."

She stays silent until the bell rings signalling the start of first period, and as she makes her way to music class, she feels someone walking beside her, and sees Lauren's familiar messy mane of dark hair. She's clutching her sketchbook to her chest and her cheeks are flushed, but she doesn't look up at Camila. In fact, Camila has noticed that Lauren only looks at her when she knows she's not looking back.

Out of common courtesy, she holds the door to the music classroom open for Lauren, and then sits down at their shared desk. Camila busies herself with getting out her necessary books, and when she leaves her backpack by her feet, she looks up to meet Lauren's nervous green gaze.

"Um... hi, Lauren." Camila awkwardly greets her. She notes the way Lauren doesn't look her directly in the eyes, opting to stare at her neck. "What's up?"

Lauren turns away from her, and Camila rolls her eyes. Typically, she'd reject any attempt at conversation. She's so frustrating, and Camila honestly can't stand her.

She feels a little guilty for that thought when Lauren pushes her sketchbook in her direction, and on the open page is an incredibly detailed and realistic drawing of her.