Chapter 21 - klaus

In the few past days, Alaric had killed Elijah. And now Isobel is at the doorstep introducing herself to Aunt Jenna.
"Hello, Elena. It's nice to see you again." Isobel greets Elena elegantly.
"Again?" Aunt Jenna says confused.
"So you're the woman who's dating my husband. I need to speak to Elena. May I come in?" Isobel intrudes rudely. My mouth is just hung open.
"No, n, no. Don't invite her in." Elena warns.
"I need to talk to you, Elena." Isobel repeats herself.
"No!" Elena slams the door. Aunt Jenna is crying which causes me to tear up.
"You knew she was alive? Ric? John? Did they know?" Aunt Jenna sobs.
"I can explain everything." Elena's voice cracks up.
"No." Aunt Jenna bolts upstairs and Elena follows her. After a while Jenna comes downstairs, and Elena called Alaric.
"Hey." Elena speaks.
"Jenna." Alaric says.
"I don't want you here, Ric. You need to go." Aunt Jenna demands with her puffed up eyes.
"Okay, listen. I can't imagine how you must be feeling right now." Ric speaks with sorrow.
"Rage and betrayal would pretty much cover it." Jenna says with anger.
"Where are you going?" I ask her as she puts on her jacket.
"I'm going to stay on campus. I have a thesis to write. I don't want to be in this house." Aunt Jenna picks up her bag.
"Jenna, please. Let us explain to you what's exactly going on." Alaric pleads.
"Arizona, I need you to go to the Lockwood's today and accept the Historical Society's for your mom's foundation." Jenna completely ignores everyone.
"Okay." I say in a sad tone. Jenna leaves the house.
"Let her go. It's better that she's not here, what with everything that's going on but maybe had you been a little more honest with her from the beginning." John says bluntly. Then Alaric punches him in the face.
"Sorry, Elena." John apologizes.

***

Apparently Isobel wants to help Elena from Klaus. I don't believe a word she says.
"Do you really think that Isobel's telling the truth that word's gotten out about the doppelgänger?" Elena crosses her arms with a pouty face.
"Look, I don't trust a word that she says, but I think we'd be stupid to ignore the warning." Stefan adds, and smiling to comfort her.
"You know, you should just stay here. It's better for us to keep an eye on you." Damon concludes.
"In the house that any vampire can enter? Our house is more safer." I argue making a disgusted face.
"Well. Then we'll stay here." Damon insists.
"So what? Neither of you let me out of your sight again?" Elena argues.
"Let me know when you come up with a better one." Damon fights back.

***

"And here to accept the donation to the Miranda Sommers-Gilbert scholarship is Arizona Gilbert." Carol announces and I walk up onto the stage. Suddenly I smell blood but I keep it together. I take the check and begin a small speech.
"This, Historical Society was like my mother's fourth baby. She considered every one of you family, and she would proudly honoured and touched by this gift." I say proudly and get off the stage. I quickly follow the blood. I see Elena going to Stefan around a shrub. I soon realize that isn't Elena. Katherine injects a vervain filled needle into Stefan while I try to stop her. Someone behind me snaps my neck.

***

I wake up in Damon's car.
"Oh good you're up. We're going to kill Katherine." Damon says cheerily. We pull up to a huge house.
"Think this is the house?" Stefan wonders.
"Better be. It's the nicest foreclosure in town." Damon answers and we all enter the house. It's empty. No sound, no nothing.
"This is Isobel's stuff. It's definitely the right place." Damon ponders.
"Then where the hell is she?" Stefan raises his voice. And we leave the mansion.

***

Elena walks into the boarding house with Isobel's necklace.
"Is that Isobel's?" Stefan asks, clearly knows the answer.
"I never thought I would feel bad about her being dead." Elena trails off.
"She was your mother." Stefan comforts her.
"Why did they let me go?" Elena asks.
"Well, anything John told Isobel, we have to assume that Klaus knows, right? So he knows that you're not gonna turn yourself into a vampire. He knows that you have us keeping you safe." Stefan answers her.
"He knows I'm not going to run." Elena replies back. Then Damon comes in.
"Which is why we need to take some precautions, 'cause we got played, all of us." Damon comes in with papers.
"What's this?" Elena asks.
"It's the deed to our house. It's in Zach's name. As soon as you sign it, it'll be in your name." Stefan answers her again.
"You're giving me your house?" Elena seems surprised.
"Isobel had the right idea with the safe house. You'll just stay here till it's all over. That way, you can control who gets invited and who doesn't." Stefan adds smiling.
"Although I'll be super pissed if you lock me." Damon interrupts. Then I roll my eyes.
"No one else would." I say super quietly, you can hear Stefan chuckle. Uncle John suddenly wakes up.
"I swear I had no idea what she was gonna do. I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry." John apologizes, and you can tell he means it.
"Damon. Let him go. Him and I need to talk." Elena confirms, and so he does what he's told.