Chapter 8 - uneventful

"Ari? Ari! Ari!" I wake up tied to a chair. I slowly start to regain my vision, it seems like there's something blocking my eyes. I see Stefan getting tied up also.
"What's happening?"
"The tomb vampires." Stefan clears up.
"Okay. That's great. Why do they want you and me?" I ask him.
"I killed a guy's wife. And I have no idea why they went after you." Stefan answers. The tomb vampires walk in again. They start to hurt Stefan by using vervain ropes, eye drops with vervain in them, etc vervain.
"Stop! Stop it!" I yell at the vampires. I hear in the back "who's she?"
"This girl, the doppelgängers sister. But did you know the other Salvatore has a soft spot for her?" The tomb vampire in charge says.
"What?" I ask in confusion.
"I want the Salvatore brothers to suffer. Stefan killed my wife, and well you're valuable to Damon." The guy says. The man grabs a dirty piece of glass and walks towards me. He slides the glass across my leg, making me scream in pain. I couldn't handle the pain, it was the most excruciating pain I've ever felt. Getting bit by a vampire is getting off easy. This is way more worse.

***

Damon

"Bourbon, please." I order another one while drinking my 4th one.
"Hey. Um. I see you're close friends with Arizona, have you seen her? She was supposed to meet me here yesterday, and she isn't returning any of my calls." The kid says.
"No. I haven't seen her. Who are you?" I ask.
"I'm Liam, her boyfriend."
"Oh. Well I haven't seen her. But she'll come around. Bye Liam." I reply rudely. Elena is calling.
"Have you seen Stefan? He went hunting about 5 hours ago, and he hasn't returned."
"Lovely. I'm not sure if I'm going to be right the first try, but the tomb vampires are still pissed at us. They might have Stefan there." I try to predict where, and who it might have him.
"Where are you?" I ask Elena.
"Your house." I hang up and get to the house.
"C'mon let's go."
"Where we going?"
"Alaric. Then a farm house."

Arizona

After the vampires left, I was trying to untangle to knots behind the chair. I couldn't do it, they tied it up pretty damn well, and dipped with vervain.
"Stefan? Stefan please be alive." I keep talking to myself to hide the pain of my leg.
"They'll find us soon, Ari." Stefan mumbles in a weak voice.
"Okay, good. You're alive. That's a starter. So how long? I'm starting to sound stupid talking to myself." I laugh. I'm trying to be optimistic here. Stefan laughs.
"At least you're trying to keep yourself occupied." Stefan laughs again. Suddenly Stefan is more focused. He heard something.
"Oh my god. I'm not going to die. That's great. How much longer are they going to be? I mean I'm thankful that they're here but-" I keep babbling but I get interrupted.
"Arizona, sh."
"Right. Sorry." I laugh. I keep laughing.
"What's funny?" Stefan asks.
"I don't know. I honestly don't know. I think I'm in shock, and the only positive thing right now, is me laughing." I keep laughing until I calm down.
"Okay. Sorry I'm done." I say still calming my self down. After a good half hour, Elena, Damon and, Alaric finally come down.
"Oh my god. Finally." I say relieved.
"Ric and Elena get Stefan. I got Arizona." Damon says.
"There's vervain on the rope."
"So." Damon says. He helps me up,
"I can walk." I say trying to prove him wrong. I can walk, but I limp and I'm starting to feel numb in my leg.
"Nevermind, can you, uhm, carry me? My leg feels numb and it's killing me. Literally." I ask laughing.
"You find that funny?" He asks me.
"I have no idea why I'm laughing. Take me to the hospital first, please." I request as I try not to squeal in pain.
"Alright."
"I lost my phone, oh. Oh my god. Liam." I kept rambling to myself. We finally got the emergency room. Damon had to compel people to get me to the "most important" right now. After hearing what that vampire had to say about Damon having a soft spot for me, that's going to be awkward. After getting 11 stitches in my leg, I finally could have visitors. So I called Liam with Damon's phone.
"Hey, Liam. I'm sorry I didn't come yesterday. I'm at the hospital, so come down and I can talk to you?"
"Sure. I'll be there soon." Liam said back in the call. I couldn't wait to see him, but he was going to be pissed at me again because I didn't meet up with him. I don't know what to tell Aunt Jenna too.
"You're actually a patient?" Liam sounded worried.
"Yeah, I had to get a couple of stitches on my leg. And I'm sorry I didn't call you earlier, I lost my phone, then all this happened-" I was going to continue until he stopped me.
"At least you're okay. That's all that matters right now." Liam comforts me. He stays with me until visiting hours are closed.
"Bye, Liam."
"Bye, Arizona."
"Bye, Liam." Damon says copying me.
"What was that for you idiot." I grouch at him.
"I'm just saying bye, what's your problem." Damon laughs and raises his arms like he's been caught.
"Nothing. Uh and when can I be released. I want to be walking sooner or later." I ask trying to change the subject.
"You're not going to be walking for a while, Arizona."
"I can deal with the pain. I'm a big girl. So go ask them when I can get discharged." I dictate him politely. Damon just rolls his eyes. Then he goes to ask someone. I feel my leg starts to tense up, I try not to show it. But my face keeps flinching. It's like there's still a piece glass in my leg.
"So they said tomorrow, an-." He sees me in pain.
"What's wrong?"
"There's like a piece of glass in my leg or something." I try to say without squealing. Damon goes out to grab someone while I just lay in pain. Soon enough a doctor comes in and examines me.
"What's wrong, Miss?" The doctor asks.
"My leg just started to tense up, and I feel something moving in my leg. It really, really stings." I say. The doctor pages other doctors, and she is getting me ready to go in the OR. I'm laying down on the table, and I count down from 10. 9. 8. 7. 6. and I'm out.

***

I wake up feeling very energetic. I see Damon sleeping in the chair across from my bed.
"Damon. Damon. Damonnn. Wake up I'm bored." I say playfully. He wakes up and sees me and stands up.
"Hey. Are you okay? Do you feel anything in your leg?" He asks impatiently.
"That's cute."
"What?"
"You care so much for me. It's verrrry adorable if you ask me." I ramble off not thinking.
"You're high off laughing gas. Amazing." Damon says unexcited.
"You like it. You know what else you like? Youuuuu like me!" I laugh. Damon is speechless.
"Those vampires took me, because they heard our conversation last night, and they wanted to make youuuu suffer." I add and play with all the medical supplies.
"You won't remember any of this tomorrow, Ari." Damon says to me. He didn't compel me, but the gas would wear off and I probably wouldn't remember any of it.
"Oh. Don't be a sour puss. I'm only joking. Sort of." I laugh at him.
"Haha. So funny." Damon seems more unimpressed.
"I like youu too. But I like Liam more. Shhhh. Don't tell Liam. He might get mad at me again." I laugh at the thought of it. Okay. I'm going to bed. You should too. Bye." I say. As soon as I hit my pillow, I fell asleep.

***

Doctor Sloan woke me up.
"Arizona Gilbert. Nice to meet you."
"Hi Dr. Sloan. When can I be able to leave?" I groggily ask.
"Well. You're progressing great, so I think today around the evening. Not right now in case anything happens again. Later I'll come back and put a brace around your leg to help it." Sloan smiles.
"Alrighty. Thank you." I thank him and the doctors leave my room and I just sit on my bed uncomfortable. I was just watching TV when it hit me. I remember last night. This is going To be more awkward now. Finally Sloan came back and had to measure my leg.
"So that guy last night. He your boyfriend?" Sloan tries to start conversation.
"Uh. No he's my friend." I reply in such a awkward tone.
"A friend. Huh. I know the difference between friends and "close" friends."
"Oh my god. I mean he's pretty, but I have a boyfriend." I giggle at his comment.
"Hey. I've learned from experience. When he looks at you, well. It's something." Sloan gives pretty good advice. Then Damon walks in.
"Ok. New topic. Tell me about you Dr. Sloan." I change the topic, because I knew Damon would eavesdrop.
"Well, I love a woman, that I shouldn't love." He sighs.
"Why not?"
"I used to be best friends with a guy, that's his wife. He found us screwing, and he hates both of us. But she wants him back. So I'm left in the cold." Dr. Sloan laughs after.
"You'll find someone. Just wait." I comfort him.
"Okay that's enough sappy convo." Go get her leg brace doc." Damon intrigues rudely. Sloan leaves.
"Really. What was that for?" I ask.
"Want to get out of here. Lots of blood for me to consume." Damon shrugs it off.
"Ugh."
"You'll live sweetheart." Damon says rudely again. Doctor Sloan comes in and puts the brace on my leg.
"Thank you, Dr. Sloan." I thank him kindly.
"You can call me, Mark." As he walks away.
"I'll be right back. I have to get changed out of this ugly gown." I say. I put on the extra clothes Damon got for me.
"Thank you, let's go." I say. He helped me to his car. I walked very slow so my sutures wouldn't open again. He drove me to the Gilbert residence. The drive was very quiet. He dropped me off and I went straight to my room.

The next day wasn't very exciting. Uncle John came to town, he part of the council now. The 150th kick-off founder party thing happened. Damon killed John. John has the special ring so he came back to life. Elena told me about Jeremy and about he was asking about Vicki's death, etc. But other than that, that day wasn't bad. I stayed in bed all day while Jenna took care for me. It was a normal average day other than that.

***

Today I didn't go to school. Jenna told me I had a week off school, but I still had to do the Miss Mystic Falls thing for my mom. I wouldn't do it if she didn't encourage me. I have to ask Liam if he's willing to be my escort also. But today the judges are just going to interview us to get a better understanding of what we did to help people, economy, etc.
"This years queen will have the special honour of taking stage at the hundred-fifties Founders Day Gala. Before we crown our winner, we'd like to get to know more about each of you." The mayors wife says.
"Well, I haven't been more intrigued since my parents death, but I used to volunteer for the SPCA. I have helped out around the school for about everything. When someone needs me or just help, I'm willing to help. I know it's not a lot to focus on, but my mom left me something to look forward to. She left a legacy." I say with proudness.
Next was the dancing lessons. Liam would meet me here to practice. I know my leg is still healing but this dance is simple enough to do.