Chapter 5 - forgiven

Recap

"Uh, hi, Damon." I say.
"What are you up to?" Damon smirks.
"Just taking a walk." I'm starting to get a little blurry after a couple of drinks so I start to wobble.
"So what are you doing." I ask him horribly buzzed.
"Caroline talks to much, making me go nuts." Damon replies.
"She can do that." I add very quietly.
"Sorry I make you uncomfortable, Ari. It's not my intention." Damon says noticing how uncomfortable I am.
"Yes it is. You clearly are trying to make uncomfortable by saying and doing all these weird things." I said too much, I drank and now I'm speaking my mind.
"What do you mean?" Damon getting closer.
"Nevermind." I walk back but he grabs my wrist.
"What do you mean, Arizona." Damon looks in my eyes. That's when I knew. His eyes were something that you couldn't forget. They were unforgettable.
"The first time I saw you, you and Stefan were fighting. I saw you both fly out of a window. I heard you talking yesterday. About Caroline. About Elena, and even about me." I didn't know why I said those things. I wasn't going to tell anyone.
"And you know too much." Damon says unimpressed.
"What?" I say scared.
"You haven't put the pieces together. I thought you would've been smarter." Damon explains.
"Let me go." I try to stand up for myself.
"You can't go anywhere." Damon starts dragging me somewhere else.
"Stop, please." I beg. Then I black out.

I wake up on a couch in a very small apartment. I remember the night before and I panic. I go for the door but before anything can happen, Damon is right in front of me.
"What the hell." I aggressively mumble to myself.
"You're not going anywhere." Damon says still blocking the door."
"And why not?" I ask.
"Once you figure it out, or someone comes to the rescue you're not going." Damon goes to get a drink.
"What time is it? How long have I been knocked out?" I keep asking questions.
"It's 4:02 and a day-ish." Damon says.
"I missed school, and Elena probably thinks I'm kidnapped. Take me back." I demand as I take the glass out of his reach.
"I'm sure Stefan will figure it out." Damon makes a snarky comment.
"Okay give me a hint to figure things out." I say. Damon walks up to me, and suddenly I see veins under his eyes, and fangs. He bites into my neck, so I scream as loud as I can. The pain is excruciating bad. I can start to feel getting lightheaded. And he finally stops.
"You.. you're a a monster." I say trying to keep my balance.
"What kind?" Damon says cleaning his mouth.
"A vampire."

***
Elena

It's been a day since I've seen Ari. She maybe gone out after the party, but she would've never skip school. I know there's something wrong. Jenna's scared for her life, Jeremy is also scared, a different emotion from angry. I feel like I'm the most terrified. My parents and my siblings are my one weakness. I can't live without Arizona. I start to think who can help. Stefan. I quickly call Stefan to come over and help me think.
"Stefan." I quickly hug him tight. I know somethings wrong. I know he's going to tell me because he has that guilty look on his face.
"Elena. I can help you find Ari. But you need to trust me with something."
I know this isn't going to be good, but I want to know. We need to find her.
"The night you saw my cut, I got cut and it healed. Very quickly. The night you cut yourself and you saw my face turn. I'm never going to hurt you, Elena. I hope you know that. But you have to believe me if you want to help Arizona." Stefan changes his face.
"What?" I say in disbelief. I start to slowly back away from him.
"I'm not going to hurt you, just let me show you. I want you to find her, and I need you to know this side of me" Stefan slowly goes back to his original face and I try to calm my breathing.
"You don't hurt people, right?"
"Yes, I can explain it to you all soon, but we need to find Ari." Stefan replies.
"So where do we look first?" I ask as we walk to my room.
"My brother." Stefan says.
"What? Why would he be interested in Arizona?" I ask.
"I don't know." Stefan calls Damon. Damon answers and Stefan puts it on speaker.
"Hello, little brother. What can I do for you?" Damon asks innocently.
"Where's Arizona?" I demand.
"Stefan! She knows. When did you decide to tell her. Okay that doesn't matter we can chat later. Oh and back to topic! You mean Ari? Oh yeah she kinda passed out after I fed on her." Damon says with no remorse.
"Damon. Don't. What do you want with her?" Stefan asks getting tense.
"I honestly don't know. But brother, did you know she had suspicions about us. She told me she saw us fight the day we met, and she heard us talking on the dinner "date". Damon replies with an upbeat tone.
"Leave her alone, Damon. Please she has done nothing to you." I say begging now.
"You guys are no fun at all. Fine meet me at the park at 10. If you guys are late I'm going to keep her. For good." Damon says ending the call.

***

Arizona

I wake up again. It look like the sun is starting to set. My neck hurts like hell right now. I don't see Damon anywhere, so I decide to look around the apartment. I look out the window closest to me. I have no idea where I am right now. Suddenly the door opens and Damon walks in. I run to the kitchen and grab a knife out of the knife holder.
"Stay away from me." I demand.
"Oh sweetheart, I'm taking you back to your sister."
"We have to leave now, or we won't be on time. Let's go." Damon says. I follow him to his car, and we drove for about an hour. There was no talking. I was too tired to interact with anything after all. We're in Mystic Falls again, and we head to the park. We start to walk to the middle of the park, and I see Stefan and Elena and I feel relieved. But everything takes a turn, when he feeds from my neck again. Not for long, but enough to almost knock me out. Then he pushes me over to Elena and Stefan. I instantly fall down, and Stefan catches me.
"Brother. This is the true nature of being a vampire." Damon says. I realize my neck is bleeding hard and Stefan eyes start to change. Stefan hands me over to Elena, so she can hold me up. And they both sped away. Elena quickly got me home to help me with my wound.
"I'm sorry, Elena." I say.
"You have nothing to be sorry about. We have to talk to Stefan about this whole situation. But right now I'm more focused on your health." Elena says.
"Thank you." And I slowly fall asleep.

***

Today wasn't a school day thankfully. Elena and I had to talk to Stefan. But being Elena, I was too bad in shape to go anywhere. I can't agree. So I stay in bed all night. Apparently Stefan has compelled Jeremy, and Aunt Jenna to think I was just partying. I'm in a lot of shit then. Jenna has gone somewhere, I don't know she just told me she was leaving. And Jeremy is probably hanging out with Vicki. I walk around with a scarf on because my "wounds" haven't healed yet. I went downstairs to make soup, but when I turn around Damon. Of course. He can't leave me alone. I grab a knife again to my protection.
"Put that down, Ari." Damon says.
"No."
"Yes. I'm not going to hurt you. I'm sorry for what I did. Not very gentleman like of me." Damon apologizes.
"How do I know if you're lying?" I ask.
"Because I don't want to hurt you. You have potential in you. You have strength that I haven't seen in someone for a very long time." Damon says.
"And how is that?" I ask.
"Well, many people just try to scream and run away from me. You stood up for yourself. I mean stupid either way, but confident. I like it." Damon smirks.
"Okay. I get it. You can go now." I demand politely but rudely
"But Ari. I've been invited in. And if you want me to leave, I want you to forgive me." Damon says smiling.
"First of all. Excuse me. You're the one who hurt me, these bites are probably going to leave scars. And that's going to be ugly as hell. You held me as a hostage for a day. And you want my forgiveness?" I'm getting pissed.
"You used me for your enjoyment. I was something you used and then you threw it away. I don't like you, Damon. And I will never forgive you." I say. I know I'd probably regret that because he seems like a decent person in the inside.
"I am sorry. What else do you want me to do? Beg for your forgiveness? Bribe you?" Damon joked.
"You find this funny? You nearly killed me!" I spat.
"Do you want your bites gone? It may not taste good though." Damon said.
"What do you mean?" I ask rudely.
"Well I can heal people with my blood." He replies like it's nothing. I glare at him.
"Drink my blood." He says. He grabs a plastic cup, and then bites his wrist and drains the blood into there. I flinched. But I didn't want to wear a scarf for ages. Damon handed me the cup, and I drank it very slowly. I don't like the taste of metallic blood very much. I actually started to feel a lot better.
"Thanks. I'm still going to be pissed, but thank you." I say. I start to go upstairs and I turn around, and he's gone. I don't know why, but the mysterious side of him, I like that.

edited