Chapter 16 - sexual tension

A day has passed, I've gotten few check ins from time to time, but since that, I was by myself dealing with the consequences. I've refused the blood they gave me so I don't try to kill anyone again. They've tried to talk to me about it, but I've just turned them down. I've been lying down on that very uncomfortable mattress, and drinking the bourbon very frequently. I'm surprised I haven't gotten drunk yet. Stefan surprisingly walks in.
"Come on. Let's go upstairs."
"I'm not going up there. It's better down here where I'm alone, drowning my thoughts in liquor. Really does help." I pretend to brag about my wellbeing.
"Ari, I know what you're going through too. I crave the blood too. I'm getting through it everyday. You can too, just lets go upstairs so you don't have to feel like you're a prisoner." Stefan insists while sitting on the mattress beside me. I stay quiet for a bit. Finally I sit up and go upstairs with him. We both sit on the couch sitting silently until Stefan speaks first.
"Arizona, I know what you're going through." Stefan starts the conversation first. My eyes start swelling up from crying.
"I don't want to be like this. I-I should've never completed the transition. I've just ruined three families." I start to cry as Stefan hugs me.
"Don't say that. I know you didn't mean to hurt the families, sometimes the blood lust comes over you and controls you." Stefan comforts me with his experienced words.

***

Katherine has decided to make an appearance to Caroline at the Grill today. She wants the moonstone today at the ball or else she's going to rip this town apart, it rains blood. For now I went home and into my room to find a dress for the masquerade tonight. I heard the door open and went to check who it was. I saw Jeremy and Elena helping Aunt Jenna through the door.
"Oh my god. What happened?" I asked.
"I walked into a knife, how does someone do that?" Jenna mumbles in embarrassment.
"It was a freak accident." Elena assures her.
"Yeah it happens to me at the Grill." Matt says trying to make the situation better. They help Jenna get in to the couch safely, and make her comfortable. Elena, and Jeremy go to the kitchen while he and Matt stay with Aunt Jenna.
"Are you okay? I'm so sorry I wasn't here when it happened. I should've helped you." I reminisce.
"It's okay, Arizona. I'm all good." Jenna says and smiles at me.
"Okay. As long as you're okay." I smile and walk to Jeremy and Elena. They're talking about Katherine and how they did this.
"Katherine did that?" I ask with hatred in my tone.
"Yeah." Jeremy fills me in. I get a text from Damon, and immediately go to their house.

***

"Are you sure you don't want me there tonight?" Alaric asks speaking to Damon and Stefan.
"No. I need you to stay with Elena. I don't want her to know about this." Stefan spoke back.
"Okay. Well, I'll make sure she doesn't leave my sight" Alaric reassures Stefan nodding his head too.
"Alright. If anyone wants to back out, I'll understand." Stefan said while looking over everyone.
"Yeah. Cold feet speak now. I don't want this going wrong if someone chickens out. Caroline." Damon directly mentions her.
"I won't. And I think I speak for Arizona too, she killed us. Fair's fair. As long as there is no wolf running around." Caroline speaks for me also as she talks to Damon.
"Oh, I took care of Mason." Damon smirks.
"As long as Tyler doesn't kill anyone, he won't turn." Jeremy finally talks in the group.
"Bonnie. Are you with us?" Stefan asks her. There's a long pause before she says anything back.
"But no one gets hurt."
"Except Katherine. Tonight Katherine gets a steak through her heart." Damon boasts.

***

We're all at the Lockwood Mansion for the masquerade ball. Caroline and I are talking while Bonnie and Jeremy are setting up and the room, and Damon and Stefan are watching for Katherine. Caroline and I are about to go into a different room when Katherine, obviously, grabs both of us by the necks.
"What are Stefan and Damon up to?" Katherine persuasively asks.
"What do you mean?" Caroline asks innocently.
"I've got Jeremy Gilbert luring me to the lake. What's going on?" Katherine chokes both of us harder.
"Nothing." I try to speak.
"Don't lie to me. I know they're up to something. What is it?" Katherine keeps questioning us.
"I-I." Caroline stutters.
"Caroline don't." I warn her. Katherine chokes us even harder. I didn't even know she could choke us this hard.
"Wait. No, no, no! Okay. They're trying to kill you." Caroline sputters out.
"Caroline!" I look at her with disappointment.
"I figured so. Where's the moonstone?" Katherine asks still holding us up.
"Bonnie has it." Caroline speaks once again.
"And where is Bonnie right now?"
"I don't know." Caroline says trying to get out of the grip.
"Okay! Okay. She's upstairs!" Caroline fesses up again. I sigh. She lets us go and makes us walk there. Caroline is "sobbing" while walking to the room where Stefan and Damon are.
"Which room is it?" Katherine demands as Caroline still cries.
"It's that one." Caroline says and points to it. Me and Caroline stay out of the boundary line. Now Carolines sobs have turned into chuckles. I start laughing because we just tricked Katherine into the plan.
"We did it! I didn't think we could be able to fool you, but we did!" Caroline says with so much excitement. Now Stefan comes out.
"Hi Katherine." Stefan greets her with a stake.
"Bye Katherine." Caroline and I say in sync and leave. Caroline and I leave the area and part ways. I go to Jeremy and Bonnie to see how they're doing. I smell blood. It's Elena. So i rush over to them.
"Go tell them to stop! Whatever they're doing to Katherine, it's happening to Elena!" Jeremy panics. I almost focused too much on the blood, but luckily I heard and left and got to them in time. I speed to the room again.
"Stop! When you're hurting Katherine, it's happening to Elena!" I warn them, not entering the boundary.
"You're not the only one who has a witch on their side." Katherine smirks. I go back to Elena to see if she's okay. But before I go back, I hear yelling from a certain room, so I go check it out. Caroline and I were thinking the same thing. We see Matt and Tyler fighting. I go to push Matt off him, and so I do, but Tyler cuts through my hand with something. Matt gets knocked out by an elbow to a face. And then Sarah speaks weird.
"Matt failed. I can't fail." Sarah speaks and takes a knife and tries to shank him. Tyler dodged, but hits her in the face and bleeds. She's dead.
"No, no, no! Come on, wake up! Sarah, open your eyes, wake up! This can't happen, oh no, this can't happen. This can't be happening! Sarah! Sarah, get up! Sarah! Open your eyes! This can't be happening! Not like this!" Tyler screams with agony.
"Tyler! What's happening!" I try to ask him in my calmest voice. Tyler's eyes open and become an amber colour. He runs out of the room. Caroline and I are freaked out.
"I'll call Damon." I tell Caroline and she nods.
"Caroline and I just witnessed a death. But not an ordinary death. Tyler Lockwood killed someone, and his eyes turned an amber colour." I say on the phone to him.
"We have another dog on the loose." Damon hangs up the call. I go to find Elena outside, but she's not there. I tried calling her, but she didn't pick up. Something isn't right here.