Chapter 2 - taught

I wake up. It's 7:02 am and start to get ready for the first day back. I'm getting dressed and remember yesterday. It all seems like it was just a dream because it was very fake. I start walking down the stairs and hear Aunt Jenna and Elena talking.
"Toast, I can make toast."
"It's all about the coffee, Aunt Jenna." Elena laughs.
"Is there coffee?" Jeremy sounded excited.
"Your first day of school and I'm totally unprepared. Lunch money?" Jenna questions.
"I'm good." We all say in sync.
"Anything else? A number two pencil? What am I missing?"
Vicki texts me saying she's outside, Bonnie offered a ride but I'd rather not. I leave with no warning. Vicki and I talk about Tyler, and how she's doing, but other than that it's quiet. She's not usually this quiet, probably giving me space.
We arrive at the school. I take a deep breath, walking slowly to the front entrance. I see Bonnie and Elena, so I walk up to them.
"It's so great to see you, Ari!" Bonnie says in a big happy tone.
"You too Bon, it's been a while." As I sigh. "So what are you guys talking about?"
"Elena and I are checking out this hot back. New student."
"I'm sensing Seattle, and he plays the guitar."
"You're really going to run this whole psychic thing to the ground, huh?"
I wonder what they mean about "psychic." I've never been close to Bonnie ever, but that's a new conversation starter.
We see Jeremy walk into the boys bathroom looking high. Of course Elena wants to ruin his buzz, and she goes into the bathroom. I don't really care because he can live his life how he wants it to be.
After a good 5 minutes Jeremy comes out, and so does Elena. But she bumps into that new guy. I laugh because Elena keeps stuttering around him. Looks like the cat has her tongue.

***

Elena goes straight back home, but I decide to go to my parents grave. I know I'm not the sappy type of person, but I grab my "journal" and write in it.
"Dear journal, I actually survived today. People crowded Jeremy, Elena and i today which wasn't fun. All I heard today was "Are you okay? I'm sorry for your loss." I get it, my parents died, not me.
As I finish up that journal entry, the crow on my parents grave looks at me. I'm trying to stay calm, but that's like hitchcock type of shit. I try to shoo the bird, and it leaves. I let out a relived sigh. I start to write in my journal again, but again the crow appears with fog. I get up. I walk fast and when I look behind me I see a silhouette of a man? This might be a coincidence or not but I want to leave. I start to run, but I fall. I quickly get back up and see the new guy.
"Are you okay?" Stefan asks worriedly
"Yeah, I'll live. Uh were you following me."
"No, I, uh, I just saw you fall." Stefan replies anxiously.
"And you just happen to be here in a cemetery."
"I'm visiting, I have family here." He adds and now I feel like a dick.
"Well, sorry that was kind of selfish. I saw this crow, and fog, and this, nevermind. Anyways I'm Ari." I introduce my self giving a small smile.
"I'm Stefan."
"Well Stefan, nice to see you. And cool ring. It's different from the ones that I usually see people wear." I add.
"Oh. Um, it's a family ring, yeah. I'm stuck with it, it's weird huh?"
"It's not bad." I say.
"Did you hurt yourself?" He asks weirdly.
"Oh um, probably." I push up my pant leg to see the cut gushing out the blood. "Ouch, you were right." I notice Stefan turns around seeing my cut.
"Uhm are you okay?"
"You should go take care of that." Stefan mumbles looking frightened.
"It's nothing." I say while looking at it. I turn back around to see that he's gone? I start to walk back to the house, but a different route. As I walk I think of how we disappeared. Like I looked away for 5 seconds. How could he be gone that quick. I'm probably tired, and overwhelmed from the cut. I get home and I go to the living room. As soon as I sit down Elena asks me,
"Ari, do you want to go to the Grill with me, and Bonnie?" Elena asks.
"Sure, I'll be back quick." I say. I quickly get the things I need until we get back. I'm almost ready, as I hear Elena talking to Aunt Jenna saying that we're going out to the Grill. So I run downstairs, and I hear Jenna say,
"Okay, have fun. Wait, I got this. Don't stay out late, it's a school night." Aunt Jenna smiles.
I laugh to myself because Aunt Jenna always tries to make a bad situation into a good one. Elena and I head to door, as soon as Elena opens it we see Stefan.
"Uh sorry. I was about to knock. Were you going somewhere?" Stefan asks.
"Yeah. We're meeting a friend. Do you want to come?" Elena asks a question back. I think Elena may start to like Stefan. But he seems off to me. I really don't want to get in the middle of it, but this interests me. We arrive at the Grill. Matt walks up to us and introduces him into Stefan. Trying to make an impression I guess. So after that awkward convo, we all sit at a table and of course, Caroline starts the conversation. It's not that I don't like her but she can be annoying sometimes. She can talk.
"So, you were born in Mystic Falls?" Caroline eagerly asks.
"Yeah, and I move when I was young." He replies.
"Parents?" Bonnie asks.
"My parents passed away."
"I'm sorry. Any siblings?" Elena asks him.
"None that I talk to. I live with my uncle."
"So, Stefan. If you're new, you don't know about the party tomorrow." Caroline changes the subject from the depressing one.
"It's a back to school thing at the falls." Bonnie says proudly.
"Is Elena going?"
"Of course she is." Bonnie answers for her.
We finish up, and we go back home. I stayed quiet all night and no one noticed. It's not that I'm sad, it's that because Stefan is mysterious. Suddenly he just shows up out of nowhere. I'm gonna find out what he's hiding.

second chapter - edited more or less