Chapter 1 - a new beginning

I've never thought my parents would die so early. I knew I was so ungrateful to them, but if this is the karma, I would take it all back in a heartbeat so my parents can live a happier life than me. I hate that this is making me look weak. I'm supposed to be careless of everything but I can't shake this off.
"Hey Arizona, how are you holding up?" Elena asked so calmly.
"I'm doing fine Elena, what about you?" I reply fiddling with my fingers.
"Uh, well you know I'm alright, but you can always talk to me when you're hurting. I can see right through you, just know you can always talk to me."
Elena soon stood up and started talking to other people. Great. All I need is someone to be worried about me.

***

Aunt Jenna has all called down to talk about what our situation is going to be from now on. I have to finish school for at least a year before I can do whatever I want, because I want to try and achieve something. So I grabbed my bag and hurried to get to Aunt Jenna.
"So as you know this is going to be very different from now on. I am not your mother or father so don't expect it easy. But school starts in 2 days and you all with be on a good behaviour." Jenna explains, I hear hear but I'm busy texting.
"Uh, can I go? I have to meet Vicki at the Grill in 10."
"Bu-." before Jenna could say anything I darted out the door in a flash.
I couldn't wait to see Vicki, it's been 4 years since last time I've seen her, she's the one that actually understands me throughout everyone I've ever knew. After my walk I finally got to the Grill, I saw Vicki talking to Tyler.
"So you and the "douche", huh?" I says in a smirky tone.
"You know I like them Ari, c'mon I think everyone does. But instead of me, let's talk about you. You know you can tell me anything girl, we've been through so much than probably anyone has." Vicki laughs.
"I know Vic, I'm doing okay. My parents died but I'll get over it sooner or later. You know me." I smile weakly. After that awkward conversation, we talk about other things. After we say our goodbyes and head our ways. Two minutes into my walk home, I get this feeling like someone is watching me? I try to stay calm and walk faster. I hear a faint noise, maybe a girl? Screaming? But before I know it I'm home and I go straight to my room. I don't want to talk to anyone because they're going to ask me "How are you doing", and I don't really feel like it. It's 9:16 pm and school is in 2 days. I decide to read a book until 10:30 and go to bed.

***

I wake up around 8:27 and go downstairs. I see Elena talking to Jeremy. Whatever. So I decide to go back upstairs, brush my teeth, put on my clothes, and go exploring Mystic Falls.
"Bye Jenna, leaving for a bit!" I said in a hurry.
I can't get her voice out of my head it's going to drive me crazy. So I decide to go to the Grill and grab a coffee. After I see Tyler, and go to chat.
"Hey Tyler, it's been forever! How's things."
"You look different since like.. the last time I saw you! But hey I'm doing good, school is tomorrow, can't wait. So how long are you going to be in Mystic Falls? He said in a disappointed tone.
"I'll be at school for at least a year. I want to try to keep my goal."
We talked for a good 25-30 minutes, about me, about him, about Vic. But his dad called him, and Tyler left. It was now 1:36 pm, and time to go home. I went the same way home like yesterday, and this girl, it was so faint, but I could hear her yell for mercy. I couldn't handle it so I quickly went home. I went to my room and sat on my bed. Am I going crazy? My parents death, it seems like it was my fault, it feels like the guilt is killing me. I try to get the girl out of my head by listening to music. It helped a lot. A few hours later it was 6:08 pm and Jenna had ordered pizza for us. I went down and we ate. The table was silent, I didn't feel like saying anything, nor anyone else. So I went to my room and decided to read until my book was finished, since I have nothing else to do. I had finished my book and it was 10:46 pm, time for bed. I fell asleep waiting for tomorrow's pleasure.
"Please, please, PLEASE!" She screamed so violently as the man attacked her? I went around the corner to see what was happening. She dropped to the ground like she had no control over her body ever again. I gasped so loud, the man saw me.
I woke up breathing heavily, I saw a crow in my window. I went to shoo it away, while I heard someone in the house. It was probably Jeremy so I tried going back to bed before the terrors came back.

first chap. edited.
-kayleah