Chapter 18 - loved you since

Stefan had gotten himself into the tomb to rescue Jeremy. Bonnie couldn't get him out, she was too weak. But Stefan said he wanted Bonnie to focus on the binding of the moonstone and how she can de-spell it. You can hear Bonnie and Elena arguing over what to do, so I head to Elena's room.
"Because, Elena. He is protecting you." I add to Bonnie's side.
"I need a coffee." Bonnie sighs as she gets up from Elena's bed.
"Elena, you're basically on a suicide mission." I complain to her.
"As long as it keeps everyone safe." Elena replies back with sass.
"But bringing Klaus the moonstone is such a good idea. You'll get killed Elena." I warn her and leave to go back to my room. I am hear Elena get up and go downstairs. So I follow her and Bonnie is at the end of the stairwell.
"Where are you going?" Bonnie asks Elena with her arms crossed.
"To see Stefan." Elena tries to lie.
"She's lying." I mumble to Bonnie as I walk past her.
"Tell your face." Bonnie demands still keeping her arms crossed.
"She took the moonstone." Jeremy added.
"How did you know?" Elena asks, very pissed.
"We tested you and you failed. Bonnie grins while taking her arm out to reach the moonstone. Elena is in the living room area and Bonnie had set up a spell to keep her there.
"It's for the best, Elena." Bonnie says, then leaving the house. I also leave the house to visit the Grill.

***

Caroline and I are at a table when suddenly Tyler walks up to us.
"Hey. What's wrong?" I ask mildly concerned.
"This girl Mason knows stopped by the house. She said he never made it back to Florida. My mom is freaking out and she was on the phone with your mom when I left." Tyler speaks directly to Caroline.
"Oh, anyways we should get going." Caroline replied, getting up with Tyler and leaving. Alaric overheard so I walk to him.
"We have another wolf in town. Great." Alaric speaks with sarcasm. I groan
"I'll call Damon." Alaric calls Damon, and he's on his way.
"She should be pretty easy to spot out. She's new around here." I say while looking around the Grill. Some random girl walks up to Matt and asks if he knows Tyler. Found her.
"Mm, Mason's mystery woman." Damon sneaks up behind us and startles me.
"Wait, where is Mason anyways?" I ask Damon.
"Decomposing in his truck." Damon answers as we all look at the girl.
"Lovely." I mumble. Damon walks up to her, and I know exactly what he's doing.
"Wolfsbane." I whisper to myself.

***

Damon and Alaric have the greatest idea of making her drink wolfsbane. I'm actually kidding by greatest. Alaric is going to walk up to her drunk, and then Damon is going to preoccupy her and Alaric will mix in the wolfsbane. I decide to go sit away a couple seats beside them.
"Well hello. Can I have a scotch and whatever this beautiful woman is drinking." Alaric slurs his words.
"One is my limit." She lightly laughs.
"Oh come on, it's not like I'm a freak. I'm just being friendly to somebody who's new to town." Alaric slurs his words more.
"Okay, if you insist. How do you know I'm new?" She asks.
"Because I've never seen you here before and I am here every night." Alaric smiles brightly. Then Damon's part comes in.
"Excuse me, is this guy bothering you?" Damon asks her.
"I'm not bothering anyone." Alaric squints his eyes at Damon.
"Perfect do it elsewhere." Damon rudely replies.
"Don't worry, he's harmless. He's sort of the town drunk. And you know, when we get tired of him we just put him in a cab and send him back to wherever he came from." Damon speaks to her while Alaric mixes the wolfsbane with the drink. She turns back around to Alaric.
"Thank you for the drink." She thanks him, and Alaric leaves.

***

Damon is still at it talking to the girl, and I've been quietly laughing at him.
"You know, listen, I'm really tight with the sheriff. If there's anything I can do to help locate Mason, I will. He's a great guy, and after his brother's funeral, he stuck around and helped his nephew and..." Damon exclaims, and she finishes the blank for him.
"Tyler?"
"Yep. Mason was with him the whole time. Helped him through all that grief. You haven't touched your drink." Damon commented looking at her drink.
"You know, I'm not much of a drinker. I should get going." She starts to get up, but Damon stops her.
"Oh, come on. One drink." Damon insists.
"It'll help me sleep." Jules says, while raising her glass.
"To sleep." Damon raises his glass with her.
"You fool. You think you're clever?" She spits at him.
"What do you want with Mason Lockwood?" Damon says glaring at her.
"He's my friend." She replies back glaring at him too.
"Well, I'm sorry to inform you that you probably won't find him." Damon grinned.
"And why not?" She asks.
"You should leave town." Damon warns her.
"You're threatening me? On a full moon? How stupid are you?" She spits back at him.
"You think I'm afraid?" Damon stands up to her. That's when I decide that's enough for him, so I go up to them.
"That's enough for you, Damon. Sorry to annoy you, we'll be going." I apologize and grab Damon's arm to lead him away.
"No, I don't. That's your vampire arrogance. You should be. I sniffed you out the moment you entered this bar, along with your pathetic wolfsbane, and friend. I've been at this a long time, and any other night of the month, the situation would be reversed, but tonight is not the night to pick a fight with me. You've been marked." She threatens us, then leaves the bar.
"Good going, you idiot." I roll my eyes and then let go of his arm. We all leave the Grill to go back.
"Where is she?" Damon talks to himself.
"Damon, just let it go. Don't be stupid, I don't want you to get killed now." I speak as we keep walking.
"So we let her get her way? With the "you've been marked". What the hell kind of wolf throw-down crap is that anyway?" Damon mentions.
"If this werewolf stuff is true, you can get killed with one bite! Don't risk it, so stay indoors today." I try to scold him so he'll get a piece of mind.
"Yeah." Damon nods and then leaves.

***

Elijah removed Stefan from the tomb, and has granted Elena to live her life. Elijah will kill Klaus. I head over to the boarding house to tell Damon about Tyler, since Caroline asked me to. I'm at the doorstep and I can overhear Damon and Rose talking, but I open the door anyways.
"I think I like you." Damon flirts with Rose. Then they both start embracing each other, then making out on the ground. I decide to be the bigger person, and speak first.
"Caroline dealt with Tyler, he's fine. I'll be leaving now." I speak and I try to keep my tears in. They both stop and look at me and cover themselves.
"It's okay, I was leaving anyways. Keep going." I speed out after, and try to control my breathing. I head to the Grill to get myself drunk. When I become emotional, my urge to kill gets stronger, so I try to drink to make it disappear. I think two hours has passed and I'm literally drunk. I notice Elena is calling me so I fiddle with my phone until I find the right button.
"Heyyy. What's up?" I slur my words.
"It's getting late, you should come home now." Elena says into the phone.
"No thanksss. I'm here drinking, by, myself." I slur and smile at the same time.
"Are you drunk?"
"I don't know, am I?" I giggle into the phone.
"I'm coming to get you. Stay there please." Elena insists.
"I wouldn't do that, I'm starving and the temptation would take over me." I reply back to her looking around the Grill.
"I'll ask Stefan to come get you. And a blood bag." Elena sighs and hangs up.
"Ouch!" I laugh out loud to myself. No one's around so I grab a bottle of bourbon and drink it straight from the bottle. Time flies fast when you're drinking, because I swear Stefan got there not even five minutes later.
"Come on, I'm taking you home." Stefan stands behind me.
"I don't want toooo." I laugh.
"You need to go to bed. So let's head back to your house." Stefan insists.
"Okay let's go then." I stand up and wobble out to his car, but Stefan helps me when he knows I'm going to fall. He hands me the blood bag once we're in the car.
"God, I'm going to go on a killing spree if he keeps doing this." I laugh to myself.
"What do you mean?" Stefan asks concerned.
"I tell him I like him, we kiss, I tell him I love him, then we kiss, then we sleep together. Then he goes off kissing Rose, and probably sleeping with her too." I rant to him.
"And by him, you mean Damon?" Stefan asks unimpressed.
"Sadly, that is true." I giggle.
"I'm sure he loves you too, he probably thinks he's not good enough for you, Ari. It's Damon, he'll find ways to distract what he loves the most. Prove to him that he doesn't need to change." Stefan said to me.
"I almost killed someone because my emotions got away." I admit as I start to be more buzzed than drunk.
"Just know Damon is Damon. It's not your fault." Stefan tells me and smiles. I smile back.
"God, I hope Elena knows how special you are. You both deserve each other. Team Stelena am I right?" I laugh.

***

Stefan took me home and dropped me off into my room. I'm pretty sure he told Elena what I told him. I'm also officially not drunk, I can talk and walk perfectly fine now. I need to brush my teeth from the stench of liquor and head back to my room. I yawned and Damon appeared. I look at him for a second then try not to make eye contact again.
"I'm sorry."
"Obviously you're not." I stand a couple feet away from him with my arms crossed.
"I didn't know it would happen like that, I don't know." Damon is left speechless.
"We sleep together and then you sleep with someone else. God, do I amuse you? Or am I for your pleasure. I've almost killed people because.. because my emotions got in the way. Now Stefan and Elena probably think I'm a alcoholic because I've gotten drunk because of you. I love you, and I can't change it. I'm.. Do you even love me?" I yell, and become quieter as I talk.
"I've loved you since the day I've put eyes on you." Damon looks at me with his sparky eyes.