Chapter 14 - broken dreams

I wake up the next morning; and apparently I slept away my migraine. I have no idea how I got such a bad headache but it's the next morning and I'm ready to take on the day ahead of me. First thing, I head to the bathroom and see my little brother, Jeremy.
"Hey, bro. Good morning." I chirp while getting putting toothpaste on my toothbrush.
"You're oddly happy today. What's up?" Jeremy asks if like I'm out of ordinary.
"Just extremely happy about everything. I could be singing right now, but I don't think the household would like me." I giggle.
"No, probably not." Jeremy laughs after me, and we both start brushing our teeth. After the two minutes had finish, we both spit into the sink and get ready. I almost forgot that it's Mystic Falls Historical Society Volunteer Day today. Meanwhile brushing my hair, I go into Elena's room to tell her I'll be leaving soon. So I stop brushing my hair and walk into there. Into Elena and Stefan kissing.
"Oh god. I am so sorry. You guys keep doing your thing. I just came in to tell you that I'm leaving to the park pretty quick. So, yeah. Bye." I mutter while covering my eyes.
"I'll meet you there, Ari." Elena marvelled. Despite seeing them kiss, my day was still going strong. I haven't seen Jenna, so I just decide to head off without saying goodbye. Suddenly I see Caroline here, and I head over there.
"Hey, Caroline." I greet her while taking in the scenery of today.
"Hey, do you mind if I rant to you? Crazy day." Caroline asks with a furrowed brow to her mother.
"Yeah, yeah. Go ahead." I reply to her urgent need.
"My mom is so suddenly, like she's in the running for Mother of the Year. While I'm trying to avoid her. This is like the first time she's tried to be a decent mom." Caroline rants and doing several hand movements as well. When I'm about to speak, Caroline interrupts me.
"You probably don't want to hear this. I'm sorry." Caroline apologizes, and we walk towards to painting section.
"It's all good. You were venting." I say with total acceptance. We start painting and Elena comes and joins. After a couple minutes, Elena and Stefan start exchanging very devious looks.
"Oh no." Caroline muttered.
"I'm going to talk to him." Elena replies back to Carolines remark. Damon also joins us.
"Why are you being a bitch to your mom?" Damon asks as he's watching Stefan and Elena.
"Don't worry about it." Caroline defends back and watches Stefan and Elena too.
"What's happening with them?" I ask with sudden confusion.
"They're fighting." Damon speaks.
"No they're not." I reply back to him.
"Yeah, since yesterday." He exclaimed.
"No they're not. I walk into them making out." I mentioned as I thought of the moment, cringing.
"What?"
"I don't know. Their problems. Not mine." I say as I resume my painting.

***

After I finished our paintings, Caroline, Elena and I just hung around and talked about regular teenage stuff. My throat started to quench so I separated from them, and would meet them somewhere else. I saw a lemonade stand not to far, so I would go there and come back to Elena and Caroline. I immediately saw Mason running the stand, and I groaned. But I still needed something to drink.
"Hey, Mason. Sorry about yesterday, uh, Damon can be forward sometimes." I apologize for Damon because I know he won't do it himself.
"It's not your fault. You shouldn't be apologizing but I really do appreciate it." Mason replies handing me a cup of lemonade.
"Thanks." I say and take a sip of lemonade. I realize it has a different taste from regular lemonade.
"Did you add something? It tastes oddly familiar." I question him, thinking of the place I would know it from. Oh god, I know.
"Vervain." I whisper to myself and immediately call Damon. Mason heard me.
"I wouldn't do that." Mason threatens me.
"And what are you going to do, bite me?" I defend myself while waiting for Damon to answer his phone. He finally picks up.
"Don't drink the lemonade." I say while panting.
"Too late for that. He set me up. We're going to kill him. Woods." Damon hung up and Mason left the stand. I run through the park to find Caroline and Elena.
"Mason drugged the lemonade with vervain, and Damon and Stefan are going to kill him." I pant with every word.
"That's why my mom left." Caroline thought to herself.
"We got to get to the woods." I urged them. We all started walking to the woods trying to look unsuspicious. We reach the front and start to walk in. Caroline is trying to hear every word, but we're still too far. Finally we reach a vantage point and Caroline looks worried.
"Oh god."
"What?" I ask while trying to keep my heart rate at a steady pace.
"Stefan and Damon." Caroline repeats, and we all know what happened.