Chapter 9 - loyal

"Honour your partner. Stay focused, right hand around. Flirt with your eyes. Left hand around." Carol demands.
"You're pretty good at this, including your injury." Liam complements me.
"I'm not that good. But thank you I appreciate it." I blush.
"No, no! There is no touching during this part. It's about the simple intimacy of the near touch. Very nice Amber!" Carol says towards Stefan and Elena then to Amber.
"Mrs. Lockwood is serious about this whole dance. It's like it's trying to teach a toddler how to use the potty." Liam says. I laugh and continue the class. We finish and walk out. I see Bonnie regretting seeing Stefan and Elena. I don't want to get into that drama so I leave. Liam and I say our goodbyes then part ways, I walk home with no faults. I choose a dress for Miss Mystic Falls. Jenna will be helping Elena and I get ready so I'll bring everything along. I hear someone come through the front door, and I know it's time to leave.
"Hey Ric."
"Hey, let me take your dress for you." Alaric says generously.
"Ready to go?" Jenna says. We all nod in agreement.

***

Aunt Jenna is almost done curling my hair, then I'll have to put my dress on.
"There you go. Beautiful as ever." Jenna smiles.
"Thank you." I reply. Jenna moves on to do Elena's hair. I go put on my long, silver dress. I walk into a different room and see Amber walking around furiously.
"Are you okay Amber?"
"I hate being in the center of everything. I get panic attacks." Amber continues to roam the room.
"Do you need something?" I ask.
"Actually, I'm just going to get some fresh air." Amber says and walks out. Then Elena walks in.
"Hi."
"You haven't gotten dressed yet." Elena notices.
"Yeah I know. You haven't either." I mention.
"Fair enough." Elena smiles. We both see Damon and frown.
"You can't be back here." I say and groan.
"We need to talk."
"Does it have to be right now?" Elena asks.
"Normally I would have a completely different outlook of what I'm about to tell you but since it could really inconvenience me, I'll squeal." Damon blurts out
"What are you talking about?" I asks utterly confused.
"Stefan's drinking human blood." Damon says very bluntly.
"What!?" Elena replied.
"Yeah. A month ago I would've rejected but with the council back on alert, it's not a good time for Stefan to fly off the handle."
"I know he's been a little edgy but he said he was normal." Elena mumbles trying protecting him.
"He has a full fridge of stolen blood bank contributed in the house." Damon adds.
"Oh my god." Elena says. I don't know what to think honestly. I just feel bad for Elena.
"He has no idea what normal is, his entire existence isn't normal. Normal to a vampire is drinking human blood but he spent all this time fighting it when he should've been leaning to control it and now it's controlling him instead." Damon says briefly.
"I can't believe this. I mean it's Stefan were talking about here." Elena starts to freak out.
"Stefan on human blood Elena; he'll do anything or say anything because he's not gonna want to stop. Trust me." Damon says.
"This is all my fault. I'm the one who fed him blood in the first place." Elena says. Suddenly Stefan walks in.
"I gotta go out on my dress. You should too Elena." I say blasting out of the room to avoid Stefan right now. I go to the other room now and put it on. I get a text and pull out my phone.
"Running a little late." From Liam. Oh my god. What am I going to do. I go to where all the nominees are and wait cautiously. Elena finally comes out. The names are finally getting called out.
"Miss Tina Fell, escorted by Bartholomew Whitmore."
"Do you see Stefan down there?" Elena asks.
"No." I reply.
"Miss Caroline Forbes and her escort Jeffery Lockwood Hamilton."
"Miss Elena Gilbert, escorted by Mister Stefan Salvatore." We don't see Stefan down there, but thankfully Jeremy comes down and doesn't embarrass her.
"Miss Arizona Gilbert, escorted by Liam Dunbar." I start to walk to the stairs, he's not there. I walk down the stairs looking around for Liam, but no where. Then Damon shoves his way to come escort me.
"Thanks." I whisper. We walk to the dancing square and begin. We don't break eye contact at all. I can't deny it, I do feel something for him. I do. But I also feel for Liam. Liam will always power over him. By the time I finish thinking about everything, the dance is done. My mind thought about this for awhile. All of the nominees went up to the stage. I knew Elena and I weren't going to win. If they chose us for the death of our parents; that's wrong.
"Before I crown our winner, id like to offer a personal thank you to all these young ladies for their efforts to better our community." Mrs. Lockwood smiles.
"So without further ado, its my honour to announce our own Miss Mystic Falls to, Miss Caroline Forbes!" Everyone cheers for her. I'm happy for her too, she can be blunt but she deserves it the most. I hug Caroline, and we get off the stage. I see Elena and Damon; looking worried. I rush over to them.
"What happened?" I ask.
"Struggles and blood in the bathroom and the Amber girl is missing." Damon states.
"Oh my god! He wouldn't do anything to hurt her!" Elena explains.
"Let's just find him." I say. We look first in the back, and then check in the front. We hurry looking around, and we finally find him. He's biting into Amber's neck.
"Stefan!" Elena yells.
"Stefan, come on get control. It's okay, come on. Breath through it." Damon tries to help. Damon walks closer to Stefan and then pushes him into the tree.
"Stefan, stop it!" I yell. Stefan holds his head, and we look around. Bonnie.
"It's okay, Stefan." Damon reassures him. But then Stefan leaves and is no where around here anymore. Damon compels the girl to forget, and calls the sheriff.
"You didn't see anything?" Liz asks.
"Nothing. We just found her." I lie, and Elena nods. Then Liz goes back to talk to Damon. Bonnie leaves in a hurry and Elena follows. Bonnie needs space, but Elena doesn't realize. So Damon and I walk back to the party. It was quiet. Elena, Damon, and I make up a plan. Elena is going to vervain Stefan. So we head to the Salvatore house and wait. Damon is listening closely. I heard Stefan once, but he was yelling. In a blink, Damon is gone to get Stefan. I feel bad for him, he doesn't know how to control it at all.

***

It's about the afternoon and Elena hasn't been home since last night. She's looking after Stefan very closely. So I decide that I'd company her. I arrive at the boarding house and realize no one is here, upstairs. I go to check Elena, if she's downstairs and she is.
"Hi."
"Have you slept at all?" I ask curiously.
"Yeah. I'm fine, just trying to comfort Stefan." Elena comments back.
"Alrighty. I'll be upstairs. Be careful." I wink at her. I go upstairs to the living room and grab a drink. I'm about buzzed when I hear Stefan yelling. I run downstairs to see if everything's okay, and Elena gave me the ok. So I go back upstairs, and drink some more. I have nothing to do today, so whatever. After my 6th drink, Elena comes up and doesn't even try to talk to me.
"Ok." I say. Then Damon walks in.
"Ew. You." I laugh at him.
"Ugh. You." He says back.
"What are you doing here?" I slur.
"It's my house."
"Good point." I say. When I'm about to say something, Elena rushes to us and says,
"Stefan's not here."
"Elena, he's going to be in the quarry, if we all go he's not gonna want to come back, so you have to go by yourself." Damon predicts that so fast. Elena rushes out of the house to save Stefan. Now it's just Damon and I. I go grab another drink but Damon asks,
"What do you think you're doing?"
"Drinking." I say smiling.
"You're past sober, you can stop." Damon says unimpressed.
"Ouch!"
"You'll live. Let's get you home."
"What about Stefan?" I ask.
"Elena can make one hell of a speech. Don't worry." He says.
"Okay." I agree sobering up. Damon drives me home and walks me up to my room. I forgot that Uncle John is staying here, so we gotta keep it on the low. I change into my pjs, and put my hair into a bun.
"Thank you for driving me home. But you should get back home to your brother." I thank him. I'm about to turn around to go in the bathroom to brush my teeth but I feel lips smack against mine. Damon cups his hands around my face. I don't back down, I kiss him back. His lips are sweet, and kind. So different from what his reputation is. I get lost in thought, until the door opens. We break and I see Uncle John. I go bright red, while Damon leaves the room.
"Can't you knock when you come in?" I furiously ask.
"I'm sure you can make spare time for me." He says trying to avoid what just happened.
"Okay. What do you want?" I ask.
"Where's Elena? We have something important to talk about." He says bluntly.
"Not here. Ok get out." I say pointing to the door.
"Not that it concerns you but, I think you know about vampires." He says bluntly again.
"Not that it concerns you but, I think you need to get out. Of my room, this house and this town. I'm pretty sure no one needs you here." I start to get angry, but I somewhat exaggerated it but I'm pissed. That'll shut him up until tomorrow. He goes out of my room, and I shut my door. A lot of things are racing around my mind right now. I have to tell Liam. No I don't, it was Damon's fault. No, I kissed him back. I try to sleep but my mind is telling me to stay up. I don't know what to do.