Chapter 32: Complicated

Dayne loves me?!

“Wh-what?” I said.

“I’m afraid honestly..of falling in love. I’m not asking you to love me back, I just want you to know..I’m just taking the risk. Because I can feel it in my heart, that you’re worth everything to risk for.”

Elaine.. She has short, dark brown hair. Her eyes are color green and her eyes are big. She’s very thin and shorter than me. She’s cute.

What’s up with me? Shouldn’t I be happy? That after all these times, my best friend also likes me? Why do I feel irritated?

“Uh..um..” Was all I could say.

“I’m not rushing you..I’m not asking for anything remember..I’ll wait.” Then he left.

Ever since the accident, I decided to walk home everyday. I’m too scared. It was fine with Sean when I told him that I wasn’t going to join them anymore. They understood me.

I was walking home when someone called me.

“Sapphire!”

I turned around and saw Leonard.

“Oh, hey.” I said. I was sad because of that confession I don’t know why.

“You alright? You look sad. Want to talk about it?” Leonard asked.

Should I tell him? If he knew about this, I’m sure he’ll get hurt because what he knows is that I like Dayne. But right now, I’m not so sure anymore. Everything’s so complicated.

“Oh it’s nothing.” I calmly smiled.

Hope he’ll fall for it.

“Please don’t fake it. I can see it through you. You know you’re very obvious.” He said.

He caught me. I’m not good at acting.

“Eh..it’s really nothing. I just need time to think about some stuffs..” I said and walked a bit faster.

“If you’re really fine you wouldn’t be walking faster you know.” He said.

“Oh..well, I just want to get home. I’m tired okay? I just want to go home.” I said with frustrating voice.

“Okay, I’ll take you home and make you some sandwhich, you must be hungry.”

We arrived home and he did made me some sandwhich. Well, I’m a bit hungry.

He made me some vegetarian sandwhich and I just ate it without knowing the content because I was so confused at everything.

“So..do you want to talk about it now?” Leonard asked.

Since I was so frustrated and needed someone to talk to, I told him.

“Ahh. Well, you like him right?” He asked.

“No.”

Wait, what did I say? “No.” Ah. Wait, what?!

“You don’t like him?” Leonard asked again.

“No.”

Huh? Didn’t I like him? Why did I say that? Don’t I like him? What is this crazy feeling? This is so confusing!

“Hm, so why are you sad? Because you’re afraid of making him wait for something not going to happen or you’re afraid of breaking his heart?” He asked.

“I’m afraid of losing a friend.” I said.

“You won’t lose him.” He said.

“How do you know? You don’t know what might happen when I tell him the truth.” I said.

Now I realize what I feel.

“If he really loves you, he’ll stay by your side as a great friend will do.” He smiled.

I don’t like him anymore.

Because of the accident, my feelings faded. Because of the physical pain I had back then, the feeling went away. But I feel that there is someone I like..I just don’t know who.