Chapter 30: The New Girl

Sapphire Stone

“I can’t believe you’re well again!” Amethyst said hugging me.

I can’t believe it too myself. I can speak again. I can eat, think and do other activities again! God really do answer prayers!

Today is December 10th. It’s a Sunday so I should stay home first before I go to school the next day. It’s the middle of the third quarter so I missed one whole quarter. Also Leonard and the others. They also told me what happened to Felix. What a stupid jerk. Trying to kill Sean and the others. I’m so glad he’s dead. Amethyst and I are now friends again. She gave me a sorry letter to explain everything.

Dear Sapphire:

Hey. I really missed all our bondings and stuff. I’m really sorry for what I have said and done before. I just really got jealous of you having so many guys around you. I know, I’m the whore. And I’ll change that so that we’ll be best friends again. I’m really sorry. Hope you’ll forgive me! I love you so much best friend!>:D< hope we’ll be close again.

Truly yours,

Amethyst Gate. :>

I forgive you Amethyst. Though I was paralyzed, that doesn’t mean I can’t remember anything. Though I’m not like before anymore. I can’t do all the activities I want to do, and I need to eat a lot of vegetables and drink milk to strengthen my bones again. The doctor recommended me to join the swimming varsity to strengthen myself because I’m still weak.

I arrived home at around 6pm. I missed my home. My room, my cellphone, my stuff toys, my brothers and my parents the most.

“Daddy!” I cried and hugged him.

“Oh Sapphire, I missed you so much! I’m so happy you’re alright! Even your brothers missed you!” Dad said.

“Yeah, cause we had no one to argue with.” Then they both hugged me.

I was crying non stop to them. I felt so happy being alright and alive. Everything was a blessing.

My mom made dinner to us all and did I mention Amethyst was going to sleep at our house? To celebrate our friendship again.

So I took a bath first since I hadn’t showered for four months. Yes, I’m already stinky and I hate it. I can’t believe Leonard, Amethyst and Dayne could stand the smell.

Dayne..I don’t know why, I think it grew. Or what I can’t explain the feeling! I saw him a while ago and I felt the sting in my heart. I also saw Sean and he hugged me and was crying.

“Sister! I’m sowieee!” He said.

“Oh, it’s alright. I’m still alive anyway.” I patted his head.

“I love you!” That shocked me. That’s the first time he told me that.

“He already treats you like a real sister to him.” Dayne said to me.

That really shocked me a while ago. I felt happy because I also love Sean too.

After taking a shower, I went down to eat my green peas and eggplant.

After eating me and Amethyst just talked and talked until 1am.

“Hey, I want to ask you something!” Amethyst said.

“What is it?” I asked.

“Who do you like more? Dayne or Leonard?” She asked.

Dayne or Leonard? Why do I get the feeling that that question is so hard to answer?

“I don’t know..” I said.

“So you’re considering both of them?” She asked.

“I also don’t know..”

“Why don’t you know?! Leonard told me that you like Dayne before you got on the accident. Do you still feel that way?” She asked.

“I really don’t know. I don’t know why I can feel the sting when I see him..” I said.

“You must still like him. What about Leonard?”

“Leonard?”

Well, Leonard.. He’s been saving my life for a long already. He’s a great friend but the fact thinking of becoming us? I’m not even sure. I can’t even imagine. But I don’t want to lose him..he’s so important to me.

“I don’t know. All I know that he’s my enemy and my best friend at the same time..”

After all those questions, we decided to sleep because we still had classes tomorrow. It’s like our first day and I hope I can catch up.

We woke up at around 7:40am. Okay, we’re dead.

“Hey wake up!” I rolled Amethyst out of the bed.

“Why? It’s still ear...JOKE! We’re late!!!” She screamed.

We each took a bath for atleast 10 minutes. Okay, 7:50am.

Since I have no chance because I need to eat since I was weak, we ate about 5 minutes. 7:55am.

“We’re not going to make it! We’ll be there in 8:30am!” Amethyst said.

“Let’s just run!” We ran as fast we could since the roads were conjested.

We reached school around 8:15am.

We entered the classroom.

“Sorry for being late!” I shouted perspiring.

“Sapphire and Amethyst!” Ms.Lee said and hugged us both. “We all missed you so much!” Then when I looked at the blackboard, there was a sign. “Welcome back Sapphire ,Amethyst, Dayne, Leonard!”

There were cakes and balloons; also a big cartolina full of messages like,

Sapphire! Get well! Come back as soon as possible okay?!>:D<

Amethyst! We miss your craziness in the classroom!Come back soon!

Sapphireeee! Missing you so much! Get well!:)

Dayne, we miss you so much! Your cuteness and everything about you! <3

Leonard we miss your jumpy attitude and your CUTE smile! Come back to your fanclub! We miss our president!:(

Dayne! We miss copying your homework! COME BACK!:(

The whole day, I was hugged by so many people. Wow, I was miss by everyone! Even Serendra!

“Well, I did miss you at some point..sorry for bullying you so much. Friends?” Serendra said.

“Why not?” I said and we both hugged each other.

Classes ended and I went home.

The next day,

“Oh Sapphire, I forgot to tell you. We have a new student in the class. Her name is Elaine Gomez. She’s mexican. She’ll be your seatmate since you know..Felix is dead so..she’ll be your seatmate.”

“Hello!” I said.

“Hi..” hm, she’s shy.

“Dayne, have you met Elaine?” I asked him.

He didn’t respond and Elaine looked at him with anger. What’s up?