Chapter 10: Muse And Escort

I woke up very early to pick a dress. Since I was the muse, I had to look very pretty since my partner was already a big embarrassment. I chose a pink dress that had white polka dots. It also had a black belt and the dress was sparkly. The length was exactly on my knee. I wore a pink hair band to match with my dress. Then I wore a white sandals that has many straps on it. It was a wedge sandal. I wore a little blush-on and a light pink eye shadow. There, I was perfect.

I told dad to drive me to school. I didn’t want my make up to be destroyed. I arrived at school at exactly 6:50am. Yes! I still have time since the program starts at 7:15am.

Everybody was dressed in nice clothes. The program was held at the gym so that was where everybody was headed to. I went to the comfort room to fix a bit of my make-up. Then Amethyst came in.

“Nice dress. Good luck with disgracing our batch, alright?” She smiled then left.

Thanks for the compliment. I’d do my best to not disgrace our batch, just wait and see.

After fixing my make up, I went to Ms. Lee in the pathway to the gym.

“Oh! There you are! George will be waiting at the other side of the gym. He’ll meet you at the centre just like what we practiced! The program is about to start. Don’t forget to smile, dear. See you there!” She smiled while patting my head.

The announcer started with a prayer then sang our school hymn. After that, he called the muse of the freshmen. It was Jess Lo. She wore a pretty dress which was color violet that has white beads and a wavy skirt. Her hair was curled just like mine and she wore a 3-inch heel sandals. That was high. She and her escort sang. They sang “By Chance”. It was a sweet song and they’re voices were pretty good. It even looks like they can feel the song too much.

The announcer next called the sophomore’s muse, who was Teddy Sot, she’s great at dancing and she and her escort danced the waltz. They were good also. Teddy wore a blue dress that has a sparkly belt. I like her dress. It was very pretty even though it was simple. I felt like they were going to win. They were good.

At last, it was my turn. But before the announcer called me, he’s mike suddenly work. Suddenly, the lights were shut off. There were so much commotion and after 10 seconds, the lights were back.

“After so much drama a while ago, I know announce to you the Junior’s muse and escort! Ms. Sapphire Stone and..Mr. Felix Diesel!”

What? Felix?!

It was very noisy up there. I guess people were wondering why is it Felix and not George. I also wandered. How did that happen?

I walked slowly to the middle of the gym just like what I practiced. After 8 seconds to be exact, Felix was in front of me. He bowed and held my hand like I was a princess and we walked up to the center.

As we wait for the music to be played, I asked him.

“How come you’re the one here?”

“I didn’t want you to be embarrassed in the whole school. I pushed George away when the lights was turned off. I asked Rain to do that.” He smiled and bowed his head.

The music played. Our music was “Next To You” by Justin Bieber. Wow, Felix knew the dance. How come?

We danced for 3 minutes. There were holding hands part and we did it like we were in love with each other. My batch was singing the lyrics as we danced. After the performance, Felix suddenly carried me! Everyone was shrieking happily for us while I was blushing like a tomato! What was that for?! He carried me to our sits. Well, that surely catch the judges eyes.

After all that commotion, the announcer announced for the seniors to perform. They did a short play. It was so cute actually. The play was all about the girl hating the guy until she fell in love with him. At first the guy was so stupid to not know he was already in love with the girl from the start. But at the end, they were married and had 2 kids. The senior’s muse was Tania Griddle. She had long wavy hair and wore a sunny yellow dress. She looked like she was going to walk at the park. She wore a 3-inched heels.

After that, the judges proceeded to the ‘question and answer’ portion. The first pair was the sophomore’s. After answering their question, the senior’s were next. After them were the freshmen. Then us.

I was called first.

“Ms. Stone, if you had the chance to turn back time, would you go back to the past mistakes you’ve made or continue your path to your future?”

I didn’t answer for about five seconds.

“For me, I would choose to stay in where I am today than go back and undone my mistakes. Without those mistakes, I wouldn’t be who and where I am today. I thank those mistakes because it taught me a great lesson.”

There was a clap from the audience and the announcer called Felix.

“Mr. Diesel, if you had 1 million dollars, where would you spend that to?”

“If I had 1 million dollars, I would spend that to the orphanages and donate 40% of that money to this school.”

“Follow-up question, Mr. Diesel, what would you do if you donated that in our school and to the orphanages?”

“To the orphanages, I would send them all to a good school and supply them with all their needs. Clothing, food, supplies and others. As for our school, I’ll donate the 40% money for anything the school needs.”

Then he sat. That was a good answer I thought.