Chapter 2: Why You Of All The People?

Today’s the start of a new school year for me. I’m going to be a Junior this year. New school year is equal to new life. Here’s a list of my goals this year.

Goals for 2012:

1.    Study hard! Very very very HARD!

2.    No guys.

3.    Eat less. ( I eat like a vacuum)

4.    Be happy!

I’ll be happy. I won’t think of you anymore, Felix. There’s someone better.

I study at Starville University High, it’s one of the best schools here in Orlando, America. My parents own a bank. Sterling Bank. But that’s nothing to brag about since I have a classmate who owns three companies. Zara, Mcdonalds and The Face Shop. Her name is Amethyst. Amethyst Lyka Gate. She’s super duper rich. She’s pretty, high sense of fashion and has pretty hair. Not to mention my best friend.

“Sapphire!hey!” Amethyst shouted running towards me.

“Oh, hey! I told you, don’t shout my name from a far!” I scolded her as always.

“Awwww. You’re so Kj! Be a little more fun!” She acted all baby-ish.

We’re actually opposite. She cares so much about the way she looks and acts. But all I care is eating. Except before when Felix was there. I tend to act more Amethyst than Sapphire. Boys get crazy about Amethyst.The only thing they’ll get crazy about me is maybe my eating issues. They’ll go crazily bankrupt. Yes. I eat like there’s no tomorrow and whenever there’s food, I forget the world.

“You know Sapphire, you’re actually very pretty. You know what’s the problem?” Amethyst said.

“My style..”

“Your style on clothing and you don’t try different hairstyles!” She scolded me again for a MILLIONTH time.

I wear simple clothing to school. But when I’m with my friends alone or my family, I wear clothes you’d die for. And my looks? Well, my hair was brownish, black. My eyes were big and caramel colored. I was 5 foot 3 inches. Yes, I’m small. And my skin was light brown. I had spanish and japanese blood. My father side was japanese and my mother’s side was spanish. My father bought a new surname to hide from dept collectors. It was the only way. So yeah, we were experiencing bankruptcy because some good ol’ secrety stole our money. But the good thing is, my dad is able to make our company rise up a bit. It’s an improvement.

Riiiiiing!

“Come on, Amethyst! Stop fixing your hair for the THOUSANDTH time! Ms. Lee will kill us if we’re late again this year on her class! Remember last time?” I told her.

“All right..all right! Chill girl! There’s no horse coming right at us you know!” She joked.

Amethyst likes to joke around all the time. But still, she’s my best friend. She’s been there with me through me ups and downs. And I’ll never forget that.

Class C.

I pushed Amethyst inside the room.  And like last year, we couldn’t find a seat for us because we were late. Good thing I found Amethyst a seat. And as for me, the only seat left is beside..oh no.

This can’t be.

“Oh hey Sapphire.” He said.

I froze. Isn’t there any seats left other than this?

“Sapphire, what’s wrong?” Amethyst rushed to me.

I didn’t reply. I wanted to faint. I’ve been avoiding him for years. Can’t we meet after college? Or after graduating? Why now?

“Sapphire!hey!” Amethyst shouted at my ear.

“Yeah, I heard you.” Then I whispered to her, “Felix.”