Chapter 7: Sean

Monday came, I arrived to school a bit late. So I texted Amethyst to meet up with me after class at the school lobby.

After school, we met. I asked her,

“Do you like Leonard?”

“Yes. Don’t you think he’s cute?” She asked.

“Don’t change the subject. Are you the ones who spread the rumor about me slapping Felix for saying sorry and also about me dumping Dayne?”

“No.”

I gripped her hands.

“Did you?Don’t lie Amethyst.”

“Well, I was just having some fun. A new day at school and you already have two boys? More than one is many. Also, that’s not called backstabbing for your information. It’s called fact that I really really hate you. Oops. Are you going to cry again? Well sorreh. I don’t care anymore. Today’s the day you lose your only FRIEND in the world. Goodbye loser.” She left.

Thank you for telling me the truth. I went to the school’s garden again. And guess who I saw, Felix.

“Hey, I was waiting for you.” He said.

“What’s up?” I asked.

“I need to explain something. Maybe you think I’m a lying baboon or what. But please here my side first.”

What is this all about? Our past?

“The time I left you for Jessica..Was because I had no other choice. Jessica was the owner of Anchor Land. She sells properties and my dad needed the money. So we were set up to be married after we graduate. I love my dad so much, Sapphire. He needed the money. So I agreed. I couldn’t tell you. It’s better before that you hated me than knowing this embarrasing reason of mine. I never loved Jessica. I tried and tried. But nothing was making me fall for her more. Jessica eventually felt that and told her father to break the deal off. At that time, our company was rising again that’s why we broke the deal.” He explained.

“I was hoping if you could give me another chance to court you..Sapphire..” He grabbed me and hugged me. “I really really love you..” His voice was shivering..I can feel his tears falling down.

“Felix..”I was pushing him away but he held me even tighter. “I really really love you!” He shouted.

I was crying. I couldn’t help it. This was my first love.

He let go of me. “Please..think about it.” He said and he left.

I sat on the bench crying. I was so confused. Felix had his bangs covering his eyes. His hair was black. He was also tall. His body was muscular. He was the captain of this year’s basketball team. He was just like a prince. He was a gentleman, sweet and as I said before charming. My feelings was so mixed. I didn’t know what to do. God, help me. Everything was so confusing.

Before I went home, I went to my locker and I decided to study in advance.

“Hm. What will I study first? Hm, maybe chemistry. I’m pretty bad in chemistry.” I said to myself.

I got my chem book and two notebooks. Since my hands were full I couldn’t close my locker since I was also holding my cellphone. I suddenly lost control of my stuffs and it fell. While I was getting my stuffs, I saw a hand getting my chem book. It was Dayne.

“Oh hey! Thank you for getting my chem book.”

“Oh sure.”

Then I went out. I decided to take the bus so I could get home faster. I was so tired already. I waited for 20 minutes and realized there wasn’t any bus to my home coming. Suddenly someone spoke.

“Want me to take you home?” It was Dayne.

“Oh no, it’s all right! I can walk this home anyway.” I said.

“It ‘s alright. I really want to repay you the other time.”

“Well, all right. If you really want to.” I told him.

And his car came. It was a limousine. Wow, he’s rich. Cute and rich? I’m sure Amethyst would want this kind of guy.

I told his chauffeur my address and we were on our way. His little brother was there and I find myself playing with him. Dayne was just reading his book silently.

“Hey Dayne. Why not come join us?” I asked him.

His little brother, Sean Clinton, said, “Big brother! Please!” and he was making this cute pouting face.

“Oh, all right.”

We played with his toys. There were spongebob, fairly odd parents, garfield and other toys. We were playing pretend pretend. You know, I pretend to be spongebob and Dayne pretends to be garfield. His little brother was so happy.

“Yay! Big brother and Sister is playing with me!” Sean said.

We were like siblings then. Later on, Sean gave us some marshmallows. And I threw it at Dayne.

“Hey! What was that for?” He said angrily.

“Have a little fun Dayne! Don’t be so serious.” I said laughing.

He threw three more at me and even Sean was throwing 5 at me.

“HEY! STOP IT! Hahaha! I’m going to eat that all up!” I said laughing more.

The whole trip was so fun. Even Dayne was laughing non stop! Wow. His laugh was so crazy. He laughs like there’s no tomorrow. His face seemed bloomer when he laughs.

“You should laugh more often Dayne.” I told him. “It suits you.”

He smiled at me. “Well, thank you Ms. Stone for that advice. You see, our mom died on a car accident. Sean was so young that time. It’s pretty hard to take care of him alone since my dad doesn’t even care about us. I promised to myself that I would study very hard to be successful and help Sean to have a happy life. I barely laugh that much anymore. Thanks to you, my brother is also happy. He never laughed this much with me..I didn’t know what to do you know. It’s so hard.”

“Oh..I didn’t know..I’m so sorry Dayne..”

“It’s all right. You didn’t know.”

We arrived at our house and I said my goodbyes and left.

I never knew Dayne’s life was so hard. That’s why he’s so silent. I wish I could do something for him. AH. I know!

I got my phone and texted him.

Dayne! Um, if you want, can I get a ride home everyday? I’ll help you with your brother. I’ll even be his sitter sometime if you want.

He replied after 20 seconds.

Is it okay? It’ll be great if you really want to.

I replied.

Sure, no problem with me! :D

He replied.

THANK YOU SO MUCH SAPPHIRE! :D