Chapter 12: All My Hard Work Wasted

“Okay students! Please go to your respective seats. We will announce the winners!” The announcer said.

What bad luck. Amethyst and Serendra was right in front of me. My seatmate was Dayne. And Amethyst’s front mate was Leonard. That’s why she sat there.

“The winner for this year’s batch points is.. SOPHOMORES!”

The sophomores were so happy. They were jumping like bunnies!

“The next award is for the batch’s best escort is.. Mr.... Felix Diesel!”

Felix went down and got the trophy for best escort. The carrying me part must have made a great impact on the judges.

“And now, for the most awaited, best muse for this year is..Ms. Sapphire Stone! Congratulations!”

I quickly went down to get my tiara and bouquet of flowers. Me and Felix had a picture taking and our batch cheered like lions.

“Ho! Ho! Ho! Ho! Go for batch 2013!” They shouted.

I could see Amethyst look on me. It was full of anger. But hey, I didn’t care anymore. I showed her that good things happen to good people. Unlike her.

After all that awarding, Dayne and Leonard came down to congratulate me.

“Hey! Congrats for a job well down! You showed those girls off!” Leonard told me.

“Yeah, you look so beautiful a while ago also. The judges must have been in love with you!” Dayne said jokingly.

“Oh, hey, by the way, I won our bet. You shoot 125 points right? Well, I shot 126 points.” He smiled and said, “I can’t wait for my lunch and dinner tomorrow.” He smiled.

My eyes widened and my jaws dropped. I lost again by one point?!

I kicked Leonard and ran after him for winning AGAIN. Dayne and Felix kept on laughing and the fun ended when Serendra and Amethyst came.

“Hey you loser. Nice job.” Serendra said.

“Yeah, you look really nice. I’m sorry for what we said before. We take all that back and we hope that we all could be good friends.” Amethyst said.

“Oh, no, it’s okay. I forgive you guys. Friends?” I asked.

“Yeah, friends! Group hug!” Amethyst shouted and they both hugged me so tight.

After hugging me, Serendra dropped my tiara.

“Oopsie! I’m so sorry..Let me get it for you.” Then she STEPPED ON IT.

“Haha! You thought we would really say sorry right?” Amethyst laughed.

“You’re so stupid. We would never be friends with a loser like you!” Serendra said.

“Hey, what’s your problem?!” Leonard said.

“Yeah, what right did you have to do that to her tiara?!” Dayne remarked.

“It was easy for you to do that since it wasn’t your hard work! Get lost you two before I report you to the office!” Felix pushed them away.

I wanted to cry..my tiara..it’s ruined.  All my hard work. It was wasted.