09

Three month later

I am sitting on the back porch with Peter. Helga is inside pouring glasses of blood. Animal blood for me, and human blood for Peter.

"It has been good having it around, Victoria Cullen." Peter muses. "Helga really likes you. You are great company."

"Are you sure I am not a burden?" I ask.

"Nah, never." He smiles. "You can come visit us anytime, Young Cullen."

Their landline rings. Peter cocks an eyebrow in confusion before he goes inside. Helga brings me a glass.

"All we had was human blood".

"That's okay."

I sip the human blood and I almost spit it out, but I keep it down. Peter walks out with an amused face.

"Jasper is coming to get you." Peter says. "It will be good to see my fries to bailed on me again."

"I won't bail on you." I smile.

He grins. "I know. But you have to go home."

"I know, you know how to contact me. You and Helga text me." I wink at Helga.

"We will stay in touch." Helga promises. "I like your company."

---

A taxi drops Jasper off, we are stayed the night in Texas.

"Peter, my old pal." Jasper says with a huge smile.

"Come on, Helg." I smile. "I want more of that."

She grabs my hand and we walk inside. She hands me a blood bag and we walk up to my room here. We slurp down the human blood before my Skype begins ringing for Alice.

"Answer it." Helga says.

I press answer. "Hi Alice." I say as I wipe my mouth.

"How is Texas?" She asks.

I smile over at Helga. "Great."

"I am in Italy, Bella's stupid self jumped into a body of water." Alice scowls. "Edward thinks she is dead, he wants to die too."

"You better save my friend." I say. "Edward, I mean."

"I know who you mean." Alice chuckles. "We are in the car, headed toward Volturi now. I beat go do they don't hear your heartbeat."

I smile before hanging up. Helga and I walk outside. Jasper notices my almost red eyes. Helga and I have become pretty close these past few months. Peter smiles up at us and he looks back at Jasper.

"Helga I introduced Victoria here to human blood four months ago." Peter smirks. "Vicky didn't like it at first, then she fell in love."

Jasper looks at me in disbelief as I take a seat on a stump in the middle of the Texan yard. Peter and Jasper watch me lift my hands, making leaves lift.

"Did I forget to mention, she is full vampire with a heartbeat." Peter says. "Carlisle diagnosed her wrong."

Jasper eyes me warily. "Can she stay her a little longer, I will send Carlisle and Esme after her next week."

Peter smiles. "I am more than happy to keep Victoria here, she is wonderful company, so quiet and she keeps Helga calm when she is pissed."

"That's hard to do." Jasper smirks.

"You remember that." Peter laughs. "I'll see Carlisle and Esme next week."

Jasper leaves me here. I watch him leave my behind, yet again, with my black skirt blowing behind me.