07

After getting dressed, I go to Carlisle's office. I didn't sleep a wink yesterday. He smiles at me as I lay on the doctor table ordeal. He has me open my mouth. He checks my oral and my eyes.

"You're vampire is coming out." He says. "You will be just like us, just with a heartbeat. You will sleep after few days."

I nod. "Animal blood?"

Jasper brings it in. "The baseball game is today."

Carlisle smirks. "Great. Vicky, drinks up so we can head to the field."

I grab the cup from Jasper's hand and I sip. I smile at the yummy, yet tangy taste of mountain lion blood. We walk downstairs when I finish.

--

It is sprinkling by the time we reach the clearing / field. I get to play, because I am an excellent batter. Jasper hands me the bat and I step up to the plate.

"I am pitcher." Alice chirps.

---

"Stop!" Alice demands.

I hear footsteps. "There's three different sets of footsteps."

"You have better hearing, forgot to mention that." Carlisle says.

"It's too late." I say as Edward tries hurrying Bella out of the field.

The figures leave the woods. My mom, dad, and a man in the front. I freeze at the sight of my parents.

Victoria's POV

Laurent heard a ballgame going on, I love ball. We leave the trees at the field and I see Vicky. James tenses visibly at the sight of his daughter. I still deny the stupid hybrid.

Vicky's POV

My father tenses as soon as he saw me.

"I'm Laurent, this is James and Victoria." He says. "We chased the humans east."

"They were headed this way, but we changed their corse." My mother speaks.

"We own a permanent residence near here." Carlisle says.

"We are sorry for trespassing, but Victoria here loves ball."

A wind blows Bella's hair and catches dad's attention.

"You brought a snack."

I throw her behind me. "Try me, daddy. My vampire is out of the bag."

Laurent gasps. "Daddy?"

"Yes, he and Victoria left me stranded in the woods eleven years ago." I smirk.

Dad is growling at Bella. "Move, Vicky."

"You'll have to come through me, your daughter."

He stands up straight. "You know damn well I won't hurt you."

"Exactly." I smirk.

He gives Bella another glare before eyeing me. "I will see you, Vicky."

"Maybe."

--/

"He's a tracker." I say as we make it to the house. "He will follow Bella anywhere to get to her without me around."

"You go with Bella anywhere she goes; just, don't let him know." Carlisle says as he passes vests with Bella's scent.

---

We make it to Phoenix, Arizona. Jasper, Bella and I are with Alice and Dwight. We are in a huge hotel room. I won't sleep for a couple days.

"Hey, Bella." I sit with her.

"Thanks for protecting me back there."

"James is my father, I'm his only weakness." I smirk.

---

Bella drags me out, sneaking to the ballot studio dad said for her to meet him at. I told her not to be near my father alone; and she is bringing me because I am his weakness.

"I thought I said alone." His voice echoes through the studio.

"Oh daddy, I couldn't let you hurt my friend."

He throws me across the studio. "You're not stopping me this time, Victoria. I'm sorry."

I fly across and I tackle him. He glares into my eyes and throws me again and bites Bella. Edward growls venomously and throws James. Carlisle ignores a bleeding me and goes straight to a suffering Bella. I'll die faster. Great.

My father makes it to me. "I'm so sorry!"

"I'm gonna die faster than Bella because I have less human blood than her; I am going to bleed to death."

"No, you're not." Carlisle says. "Bella is taken care of and James is dead."

I sigh in relief. "Save me."

Rosalie ties her belt around my leg, which is cut. She tightens it around, to clot the blood. Carlisle lifts me up and we flash out of the ballot studio.

We make it to the private jet soon enough. Carlisle sits me with Jasper and he rushes to the pilot's seat. He flies us to the house speedily. He lands the jet on the roof and he gets me again.

Esme clears a spot on the kitchen counter and Carlisle lays me down. I'm losing blood too fast for him to carry me upstairs. Edward flashes the stuff needed, him being fastest. Charlie and Rene are with Bella in the hospital with the lies told.

--

Once I am taken care of, Jasper and I go upstairs. . My 18th birthday, my final birthday until the vampirism stops my aging, is tomorrow, on the same day as Bella's. Alice has insisted on throwing us a birthday party, and arguing with Alice is pointless. 

"Bella's gonna be here, and us, the family. Just us immortals and Bella." Alice says. "After school."

I nod. Alice leaves my room and I look at the stitching in my leg. I don't want to become full vampire. I like having a heartbeat. I snuggle up against Jasper when he lays in bed beside me. We stay in this position for the rest of the night.