02

When I wake up, I feel like waking. I get dressed in the clothes Rosalie laid out and I exit the house. Carlisle and Esme know where I am waking.

I find a creek. I have never been here. I hear panting and I look up. I gasp when I see the black wolf from my childhood.

"Are you take now?" I ask.

I swear, this dog just laughed at me before it nods.

"Well, I'm 17 now." I smirk. "Don't kill me, but I'd like to pet you."

He sits very still as I take my shoes off. I cross the water, barefoot. The wolf bows his head down and I touch his nose.

"Hey, Vicky." Edward says. "That's Sam, he is an alpha."

I continue petting Sam's wolf. "He almost killed me when I was 6."

"He was all alone when he phased." Edward smiles.

"Some Billy guy stopped him, he was nice."

"That Billy fellow is in a wheelchair."

"He wants you to meet everyone in the pack tomorrow." Edward says. "Read his mind."

"Well, mr Sam's wolf, I will meet you here tomorrow?" I suggest.

He nods his wolf head before I climb out of the creek. I put the heels back on and I walk back with Edward. Rosalie smiles at my friendliness as I find Esme.

"I meet with Sam tomorrow to meet the people in La Push." I say.

"Where?" She asks as Alice gets in the car.

"The creek." I smile. "He almost killed me when I was 6, but Billy stoped him. He was alone and didn't know what to do."

Esme and Alice smile before we make it to the Port Angeles mall. Alice takes my hand and she walks me through the different stores in the mall.

"This place is huge, Alice." I say with a small voice.

"I won't let anything happen to you, Vicky." Alice promises.

Victoria's POV (Vicky's mom, the Norman's).

"I won't let anything happen to you, Vicky."

I hear my child's name and James and I look in the direction. Vicky sure has grown. James has a smile as he watches Vicky watch around the mall. She looks so beautiful. She kept the red hair, and didn't get James's blonde hair.

"She grew up." James coos. "I wish I stayed with her."

"I'm glad I made her leave." I sigh. "I miss her, but she is better off without us monsters."

Vicky's POV

Alice and I find Esme at the car when Alice is done buying me things. Esme drives to the small town in Forks and she drive up to the school; the parking lot is bare but for four cars for the teachers.

Esme walks me inside and she enrolled me into high school as a junior. I'm jus ready to hang out with Sam tomorrow. It would be nice to talk to his human form.

"What's her name?" The receptionist asks.

"Victoria Carmella Cullen." Esme says.

I like my middle name. The receptionist types in her computer and she prints a sheet of paper. She hands me my schedule she just printed off.

"Have a good day on Monday." She smiles at me.

I beat Esme to the car, Alice takes my schedule to compare her lessons with mine. We make it to the house and Esme goes to cook something for me. Jasper is staring at me. Alice narrows her eyebrow as before pulling off Jasper, although Dwight is her mate.

"Those two are best friends." Edward says, reading my mind.

I nod. I smile as Esme places a burger and some fries on the counter in front of me. She hands me a glass of pink lemonade before I dig into my food. She just smiles.

"Thanks, mom." 

She hugs me again. She hugs me every time I call her mom. It must give her a warm, loved feeling. I love making people happy, even when I don't have time for myself.

"Hey."Jasper greets. "You're feeling happy."

I smile. "Yes, emotion feeler. I am happy because I can make people happy, even full vampires."

He smiles. "That is a good way to be."

"I taught myself the trait." I smile.

"You're a tough girl."

"Says the army major at age 19." I smirk.

He chuckles and walks me upstairs to my room. "This is a lot of purple."

"I like purple." I shrug.

He kisses my cheek. "Have a good night."

"Stay with me." I smile. "I find you really handsome."

He bows. "Of course, ma'am."

That southern accent makes me shiver. He sits on the small bench as I slide into a floral nightgown and I lay in my bed. Jasper sits against the headboard on my bed as I cuddle against him.

"Goodnight, Victoria Carmella Cullen." He whispers.

"It's Vicky." I whisper before falling asleep.