The Rise of Chapter Seventeen

J A C K.  F R O S T

"I Love you too, Jack Frost."

Jack whipped his head around, looking frantically around for the source of the voice. It was strange. It was like Elsa replied to him....Now that he would think about it, it would be very embarassing for Elsa to hear all that sentimental stuff.

Jack's face heated up just thinking about it. He shook his head and went back to the side of the wall where he had been...sentimental.

He studied the wall. He was sitting here, staff touching the wall..then talked...then got up. When he got up, he heard the I love you too.

Forget that ILY, Jack said to himself. It's time to find Elsa, Jack!

But is it really Elsa? Or a play made by Pitch? A trap maybe? Jack didn't know, which kind of makes him want to sigh so bad. He's pretty useless lately and it's breaking his spirits. He's determined to find Elsa no matter what the reason because...well no need to state it. It's pretty obvious.

When he sat down by the wall earlier, he had his staff lean by the wall. What if....Elsa was somewhere near and Jack's staff can sense her?

Jack leaped up and pointed the staff by the wall. Quietly, he made a ray of ice and sent it flying to the wall. Nothing happened at first, then in a heartbeat a figure was outlined behind the wall. It quickly vanished as fast as it appeared.

Jack smiled. He doesn't know why but he is certain that the figure was Elsa. He doesn't have a reason why he knows. He just....knew.

He looked for Sandy who was already intently staring at him. Jack smirked and ruffled his hair, which made some teenage girls who walked passed giggle.

"He's so cute!" The girl gushed to her friend who, in turn, said "I know right! I'd totally date him when this winter is over. Speaking of which, did you know that..."

Jack followed his gaze back to the girls. He really didn't know what bothered him. Was it the fact that he was called cute (Let's face it, he is drop dead gorgeous) or that thing about 'when this winter is over'. It made Jack wonder. This winter is caused by Elsa who couldn't control it yet. Could this winter still end?

Don't think so negative, Jack. He really needed to think fast.

"Jack!" Sandman waved.

"Sandy! I saw something!" Jack giddily motioned to the wall, which made Sandman look...wary.

"Jack, it's a...wall."

"Oh, yeah, it is but look," Jack did what he did earlier with the wall. A figure was once again outlined. "I think that's Elsa."

It took Sandman a little while to take it all in. "Oh, I get it! Let's get her out then."

Jack sent some more ice to the wall, which did nothing but show the figure. Jack sighed, exasperated. "I don't know how!"

Sandman approached the wall and touched it. The wallpaper peeled off, revealing moving black particles. It was nightmare sand.

Sandman gasped in horror. Being surrounded with nightmare sand will drive a person out of his mind. From what he knows, only strong-willed children can stay sane after being exposed to nightmare sand. He didn't know how that would affect adults.

"I got this, Jack." Sandman said, getting ready to take on the wall. For one second, nothing happened but then, a huge scraper appeared from Sandman's sand. He peeled off the wallpaper until nothing remained. Now, they can see Elsa at the other side of her nightmare sand jail.