The Rise of Chapter Ten

N O R T H

It was a gloomy day in the mountain. The guardians, North, Tooth, Bunny and Sandman, gathered around the small hole that the boogeyman just jumped into.

Seriously, what happened?

There they were, riding on North's fantastic sleigh when they sense something off with Man in Moon. Something about Jack Frost. By the time they arrived at Pitch's new lair, all they saw was the boogeyman and a black scary looking vortex that seemed to suck away the living daylight out of the sun. If there was even a sun.

Confronting the boogeyman was easy. Finding Jack was hard. No matter what they ask or threathen or say, Pitch wouldn't say where Jack was.

Until Pitch jumped inside the vortex and mentioned that Jack had jumped in too.

They were about to go, but it was too unclear and too unpredictable. And yet, North thought it was fantastic. Except for the scary looking part in it. The vortex looked like a portal. It was cold around the edges and seemed to take it's vitality from Pitch's powers. When he left, it started sucking from the darkness in the lair.

Anywho, the guardians were at shock at what to do now. Three days before christmas and North is frantic. He had so much gollywagen on his agenda!

"North..." Tooth mumbled tearily, looking sadly at the vortex. Her fairies, along with baby tooth, are crying softly. "What are we gonna do now?"

The past few days took a large toll on the guardians. Only Bunnymund seemed unaffected since it was still a looong way before Easter (which comes second after christmas!). It was December twenty-two. Three days before christmas. Not to mention that North has to go and kahoot the presents. He's a very busy man.

"Let's see...." North started thinking. He watched as Tooth looked sadly at the vortex and Bunnymund looking...cold and sniffy. North then felt something moving inside his coat. He took out Sandman's hourglass.

His eyes widened in surprise. Sandman was alright now! He has fully recovered! He shattered the hourglass by the floor and out comes Sandy.

"Old Friend!" North hugged the little midget. Sandman's presence gave Tooth and Bunnymund a reason to smile and be happy. "How are you? Body alright? Mind intact? Dreams still dreams?"

Sandman gave him a huge OK! sign over his head. It made all of them laugh. Then Sandy explained with pictures above his head what he understands about the situation. North confirmed it with him.

"Yes...Jack Frost....You...Pitch...Vortex...other world....wait, other world? Sandy what are you saying?"

Sandy sighed and made even more pictures. What North understands from his pictures is that he's going after Pitch and Jack, to the other world that the portal leads to. What a really hectic day.

"So Sandy, " North started. "You're saying that we should put trust in you, someone who just recovered from an attack from Pitch, to go after Jack and Pitch? Are you sure old friend?"

Sandy made a single reply. He spelled out trust then christmas. Sandy was reminding North that it was three days before christmas. North didn't need the reminder.

"Are you sure, Sandy?" Tooth asked quietly. Sandy only nodded.

The Sandman saluted to the remaining guardians and jumped inside the portal. The other guardians watched as Sandy's trail of dreamsand quickly depleted until there was none.

"So what do we do now, mates?" Bunnymund asked while playing with his boomerang. "We gonna go with it?"

"Of course we do!" North said enthusiatically."Sandy will come back, along with Jack and Pitch. I'm sure of it."

"How can you be so sure, North?" Tooth started to hold the teeth her fairies are bringing to cheer her up.

"Well, For one Man in Moon is agreeing!" North pointed upwards where truythfully, the moon shined like it has never shined before. "Also, I can feel it, Tooth. In my-"

"Yeah, in your belly." Bunny  muttered, rolling his eyes. North and Tooth stared at him like he had grown another ear. "What you looking at me for?"

As if on cue, North and Tooth laughed. Bunnymund followed, still not seeing what's funny. "Seriously, guys, what are we laughing at?"

North felt good laughing. He felt refreshed just hearing Tooth's laugh. "Come now!" He walked outside golly. He whistled and the sleigh pulled out.

"Where are we going North?"

North looked at Tooth, who had a smile creeping up her lips. "Know where Tooth. To the North pole! We're gonna have to prepare for Christmas!"

North flung Bunnymund to the sleigh before he could open another tunnel. "Buckle up! We're going to have a blasty ride!"

S A N D M A N

Sandman knew what was going on. He felt it the moment the guardians entered Pitch's lair. He knew that the boogeyman was being controlled with, or at least has ties, to the first and former guardian Eliora.

Eliora was Sandman's first friend and companion. She was the one who explained to him why he was who he was and his purpose in life: the children. He never expected Eliora to be so...cold.

Their story was centuries, decades, years ago! It was so old that even he had forgotten the yearsof Eliora's rule. All he can remember is, though, that Eliora's a dictator who brought nothing but cold to the children's hearts.

It was such a shame. Sandman had been awfully hurt that time. She, Eliora Frostine, was the most beautiful and confident person Sandman had ever known. He thought that she would also be the best guardian ever. But with how things are playing right now, she's not going to win an award of being a best guardian.

He jumped inside the vortex because of Jack and Eliora. He knows that for some reason, Jack and Eliora are fated to meet in their lifetimes. Sandman just doesn't know when. He remembers when Jack was a human, when he dreamt of the girl named Eliora. They were so close back then, but Eliora was still a girl with desire and a cold heart. She must be stopped.

Sandman arrived in the other world with the moon still visible but the sun was rising too. He guessed it was dawn. He made his own airplane that released dreamsand. He flew around the kingdom, looking for any sign of life. It was winter but the children weren't playing outside.

Sandman was too late. Winter has come as evil in the children's hearts. Eliora's doing, Sandman believes. Even if he is in another world, he is still a guardian who has to protect the children. He spread his dreams, carrying the hopes and wonders of the accumulated dreams he had in his absence.

Immediately, the children started to smile in their sleep. Sandman set course to where he suspects Eliora to hide. In the snow-clad mountains.

His goal for now; Find Jack Frost and Pitch, Save the kingdom from their hatred of winter, Defeat Eliora once and for all.

Sandman only hopes that christmas over at the other world was going smoothly and happily.

•×°×•×°×•×°×•×°×•×°×•°×
Ohmyfreakin'asia!!!

How are you all!!! I missed you! Did you miss me? Cause I sure did!

So the exams are over, the weekend is here! PARTY PARTY!

Thanks for the 5.8 reads, 232 votes and 96 comments!!!! I'm happy!!!

Add more! Add more! Add more! Tell me what you think of this chapter! Two guardians! I'm so sorry if you're a bit dissapointed at my writing of their point of views. I mean, how do you capture the mind of someone who doesn't talk and someone who is golly and Russian??? Seriously, how?

So yeah, Let's chat!!! Tell me what you think! Comment below and I'll reply!!!

Help me with my goal! 30 votes and 15 comments each chapter(if not too many, is it okay with you? *imagine me with puppy eyes*)!

I'm extremely happy. Seriously. Thanks again!

Remember, Comment, Vote Follow, Read to your heart's content! (but don't stay up late, follow your bedtime!)