The Rise of Chapter Six

J A C K   F R O S T

Jack trotted the northern mountain, maintaning a good distance with Elsa's castle that it would always be in view. He wandered around, but not too far, and searched for food. It was winter time. Does he really expect to find food on trees? He can't really hunt either. What to do now?

Elsa shut him out. One moment they were chatting the day away then suddenly, she becomes terrified and shooes him away. Talk about mood swings. But, Jack is sure that he made Elsa happy. That must have been the cause of the snowflakes. So he must find a way to see her again. But for now...food and shelter comes first.

He found a small unfrozen lake and started to fish. Well, not that he's good enough. When it comes to survival, he's got zero knowledge. All he does know is that fire is a vital thing to have in his situation. He managed to fish out two fishes. He created a fire from rocks and branches and cooked the fishes on a stick. The night's getting cooler now.

Thud. Jack had a blackout again.

"Hey there." The girl said. I looked up and smiled at her. "Hi."

I was making a puppet for the shadow play later that evening. She approached me and helped me a little bit.

"I'm Jackson. Heard you just moved in. If you're new you should know that I' m the village clown!" I pulled off a silly face that made her laugh.

"I'm.... and I'm from......" I looked at her blankly. What did she just say?

And Jack was back. He panted heavily, absorbing the new memory. The girl really looked like Elsa. Why would that be? And why can't Jack hear her voice?

Great, Jack thought. Another mystery to solve.

Suddenly, a cold gush of wind swept through Jack's makeshift camp. It brought with it many rocks and branches that Jack managed to avoid. When Jack came back, his fire was destroyed. At least his fish survived.

Jack sighed and started sorting out. He had no backpack, no powers and no shelter. What now? At least he's got a roasted fish. Just thinking about it made him lose his appetite. Good thing he had eaten, don't want to lose his dinner right now with that fish staring.

He found a peculiar branch lying in the middle of the now-fireless campfire. It was long, his height maybe, and had a J- shaped arc. His last staff was better, he admits that. This had a special glow to it. Jack decided to keep it.

Now with a stick, a fish and himself, Jack decided to go back to Elsa's place. She can't be so cold-hearted to let him stay the night outside, is she?

Nah she can't be.

Jack made his way to the castle in a rather fast pace. He arrived and was panting quite heavily. "Elsa!" Jack yelled. He knows he shouldn't yell at this time of the day but god knows where Elsa is at right now.

"Hey El-" The door bursted open. Jack blinked and smiled. Jack was about to go inside when Elsa came face-to-face with him. She raised a brow.

"Do you know how late it is?" She asked.

"Yeah that's why I came here." Jack replied casually.

"That doesn't make sense!"

"Yes, it does. Come on, Elsa. It's freezing out there! I might die like Jack in the titanic!"

"What titanic? You're speaking in riddles, Jack!"

"Long story short, it's freezing, the woods is creepy, and I don't know how to build shelter. Can I stay the night here? At your place?" Jack asked with such cute puppy eyes that Elsa blushed, and since Elsa's skin is as pale as snow, it was very much visible and made Jack smile.

"Alright!" Elsa sighed in defeat. "You can come in."

Jack smiled widely and went inside. "Thanks."

He looked warmly at Elsa who refused to meet his gaze. "What's wrong?"

"You," Elsa said weakly. "You can stay here. I- I made a spare room. Well not exactly a room but more kinda like a...ballroom."

"Anywhere is fine, milady." Jack still tries to meet Elsa's gaze but she just keeps pulling away.

"Let me show you." Elsa opened a wall, wait- that was a door! Anyway Elsa went inside the room and Jack followed. "Stay here and only here until the sun rises then you can leave." Elsa made a comfortable looking bed and a cabinet. "I'll be upstairs, and I would very much appreciate it if you don't bother me." She stormed out, leaving Jack with nothing to say.

"Well, that was a fast mood swing." Jack mumbled. He tried the bed and it was soft and comfortable. You wouldn't even notice that it's ice! With the ballroom so large, Jack wondered what pushed Elsa to build one. Another question to ask when he sees her.

He started walking around until he reached the center of the room. He remembered the time he played around with the nobles' dances and ballroom parties. Now that was a laugh and a party!

While admiring the ballroom, he noticed snowflakes wedged in each pillar of the room. They were life-sized snowflakes, and they were very beautiful. Jack brought out his own snowflake, the one he managed to make everlasting and frozen. The snowflake with the Elsa on it.

He unconsciously touched the life-sized snowflake with his staff, that he didn't knew he carried. Old habits, he suppose. When he touched the snowflake sculpture, it dissolved into tiny bits and seemed to be absorbed by the staff. Jack fell down and stared at the staff.

When he touched it, he felt a familiar feeling in his body. Not to get hopes up, he looked at his reflection and surprise! His eyes were turning blue, part of his hair is growing white!

He tried to make something, anything. He made a pattern on the floor. As he did, he felt dried out. He looked at the mirror again. His hair is reverting back again, his eyes brown. He touched another snowflake sculpture, and another and another. He was back to having brown bangs and brownish-white eyes. What a development!

Jack didn't know what this meant. The staff absorbed the ice and gave him powers again! This ice was made by Elsa and the staff was nothing sort of special, yet what a difference! He tried touching the snowflake by his hands but his hands seemed to be repelled. He tried to touch again with his staff and it dissolved!

Giddy with what happened, Jack ran upstairs to Elsa. He was so happy with the current development of things. He had to tell her!

What he saw upstairs shocked him. Elsa was in the middle of the room, hugging her left hand close to her chest. She was sobbing quietly. The room was turning reddish, reflecting Elsa's fear.

"Elsa..." Jack immediately ran to her side. She saw him and she just cried. She didn't care if Jack was there, she just wanted someone to hold her, to tell her that everything's gonna be okay.

"What happened?" He tried to ask but Elsa didn't move. He leaned down and held Elsa. Elsa took a look at Jack and even though she hesitated, she let herself be wrapped in Jack's arms.

"It's alright, Elsa." Jack said soothingly. "I'll be right here. I'm not going anywhere. I'll always be here, Elsa."

He continued to comfort Elsa until the night reached its peak and the snowflakes started to gather slowly.

•×°×•×°×•×°×•×°×•×°×•×°
Hi People!

So yeah, that was such a Jelsa moment! How was it? Comment your thoughts!

Please vote! I really appreciate votes and likes!

So here's the thing, Today's Saturday!!! JANUARY 4!!

Sorry I missed to update the past few days. I hope this makes up for that. By January 6, I'll be back sitting in a classroom of non-dreamers...what a life.

So by Monday, I'll try updating every three days. Let's hope that it works out.

So comment! Vote! Follow me if you like!

Thanks for the support and that BIG 1260 reads!!