The Rise of Chapter Thirteen

J A C K   F R O S T

Jack watched as the gates to the palace slowly opened. He and sandman were crouching behind a stall in the plaza, planning how to put operation: Fly Elsa Out in progress, when a palace guard announced that there will be a soup distribution in the great hall.

How lucky they are, right?

They had taken an outfit or two from the clothes that the other palace guards were distributing. They changed their clothes just to blend in. They were just scheming when they heard the announcement. They came to an agreement that they would just wait for the gates to open.

They had agreed that operation: Fly Elsa Out will be changed and will be operation: ICBELT, Infiltrate Castle and Break Elsa Out There. Step one would be to get inside the actual castle and find Elsa's wherabouts.

Which, they're very sure, is very very secluded.

Jack can't help but wonder what happened to the older times, where the damsel in distress was caged in a tall tower. Elsa can't possibly be somewhere conspicuous. That would just be plain easy, if she was in a tower, he mean.

But, considering that Pitch is the villain here, maybe she was somewhere high or dark and low. Which leaves her somewhere hidden in Pitch's domain, somewhere dark in the shadows.

Sandman and Jack walked briskly along the crowd who was rushing to get inside the Great Hall. The citizens of Arendelle, wrapped in identical distributed hoods and cloaks, wore sullen faces as they marched inside the gloomy palace governed by the boogeyman.

With this atmosphere, Jack and Sandman felt easily distinguished within this crowd of crestfallen people. Not to mention that Jack is carrying a staff under his cloak and that Sandman is very small. These people were extraordinarily gloomy, like they were being controlled.

Jack caught the eye of a little boy and he was immediately alarmed. The child had abnormally coal black eyes. He looked around and tried to catch their eyes. He was right. They were empty, like there is no soul inside the eyes. No fun or any emotion. The citizens of Arendelle are being overriden by despair.

Whether this is Pitch's doing or Eliora's, Sandman and Jack are determined to stop this. First thing to do is to find Elsa. Jack kept his head down from being spotted, just for him to blend in.

Momentarily, Jack and Sandman entered the palace and were instructed to head to the Great Hall for the hot pot. Jack and Sandman looked at each other.

"We need to look around unnoticed." Sandman remarked, stopping by the side of the hallway.

"I get that," Jack kept his head down to avoid the gaze of one guard. "But how?"

"I think that we need to separate." Sandman suggested. "You'll search for the Queen. I'll cover for you here."

Jack stared at Sandy then nodded. They started following the end of the line. When they reached the entrance to the great hall, Sandman made a sandy Jack Frost. Then Jack slipped away from their notice.

He watched first if someone came rushing outside to look for him, but no one did. He walked away as the doors to the Great Hall closed.

He watched in awe as he looked at the paintings that hung on the walls while going upstairs. There were numerous paintings. One were the painting of Elsa and Anna's parents, another was the young princesses, and there was of course a painting of the royal family, with young Elsa looking so happy.

Jack can't help but wonder what happened back then.

He strutted upstairs, looking for any signs of evil minions. Be it dark horses or nightmare sand, Jack is prepared. He peeked through each door. As he peeked under a door, he heard chuckling from the other room.

"My, my Elsa," Jack flinched as the voice laughed menacingly in the other room. "How innocent is your room? I sure hope that you like your prison down there."

Down there?

Jack listened further, staff ready. He peeked under the doorknob. It was Prince Hans, talking to a crystal orb. He can see what was reflected in the orb by the window. It was Elsa.

"I know that you are unconscious, Fake Snow Queen, but let me fasten your nightmares." With one snap of his fingers, Prince Hans/ Pitch made Elsa scream loudly.

So loud that Jack was ever so tempted to come rushing inside to attack Pitch.

"Good Night, Fake Queen." Pitch glanced at the door. Jack tried to hide. He only hopes that Pitch didn't see him. He decided to only listen and nothing else.

Jack heard shuffling inside. He resisted any temptation to peek. Then he heard someone speak.

"Pitch?" Jack's eyes widened. Even though he can't see, he can clearly imagine who Pitch was talking to. It was Eliora.

"Eliora..." Pitch replied with utmost respect.

"What business do you have with me?" Eliora asked with a tint of annoyance. "Have you figured out who it is?"

"Yes, my queen, but it only appears in limited times. The farther they are apart, the more it dissapears."

"Can you fix this mess?"

Pitch didn't reply at first, as if hesitating to say something out loud. When he replied, shudders ran up and down on Jack's spine.

"Their Despair will be the sign of your birth. This catalyst is the start of the Dark Ages and it will all be offered to you, My Queen. Starting from the fear and despair of Arendelle's Queen, Elsa."

"Where's the girl?"

"Hidden in the Great Hall, your iciness."

"Just make sure, boogeyman, that her despair will be asbterrifying as you yourself so that this day will be as we planned."

"Yes....my queen."

Jack bolted upright down the hall as Pitch,or rather Prince Hans, come out of the room and go straight to a double-doored room at the end of the hall. Jack started making his way downstairs, not knowing that the boogeyman glanced at him and smiled.

•×°×•×°×•×°×•×°×•×°×•

Hi People! Happy Valentines day!!

I got a very lovely gift for Valentines, so I'm gonna give you one too!

Two chapters of Jack's pov and A Hans Pov!

Anyway, thanks for the reads and likes again! I'm gonna take some Jelsa suggestions if you don't mind. So please comment some!

Don't forget! Vote! Comment! Suggest!

Sorry for the short post.