The Rise of Chapter Eleven

J A C K   F R O S T

Jack was just flying over Wandering Oaken's Trading Post and Sauna when he was entangled in vines and pulled downward. Thinking it was Pitch's or Eliora's, he tried to freeze it. Instead of being frozen, the vines hardened and pulled him harder. Jack then tried to push his way out.

He was being pushed back into the forest. And fast. He pushed harder. When he was almost there, he scratched the nearest vine and a scrape fell off. Then the vine turned into golden sand.

Jack looked weirdly at the sand, which in turn loosened its grasp. Out of the shadows, someone walked out.

That someone was Sandman.

Jack was relieved. More than relieved, he was glad and confused. So many mixing emotions were stirring up inside him. In the end, he tackled Sandman with a bone-crushing hug. "Sandy!" Jack exclaimed. "You're alright! And you're here! Sand and body!"

Sandman looked at himself and shrugged his shoulders. "I guess so, Jack."

At that instant, Jack backed away, his staff positioned and ready to attack. "Who are you?" Jack barked.

Sandman blinked and looked confused. "Jack, It's me. Sandy."

"You're not Sandy. He doesn't talk." Yes, Jack was right. The Sandy he knows of doesn't talk with a voice. He talks with images over his head.

"Well, I don't in the other world." He replied. "But we're in the world of Arendelle, where I came from."

"What?" Jack put his staff down. This...stranger in front of him looked exactly liked Sandy. He looked so...vulnerable. His eyes had that spark, his sand was so golden...Still....Jack couldn't believe everything he sees. After all, with what happened with Eliora.

"Jack, if you really insist." The little man sighed and zipped his mouth. Like literally. He closed his eyes and when he opened them back again. The sandman Jack knew appeared. He was clearly hurt when he tried talking with images again. Jack looked hurt too.

His thoughts were clear now. This was really the sandman, Jack's close friend who he wanted to avenge from Pitch. "It's okay. I- I believe you Sandy."

Sandy smiled and jumped around. He tried to cough, at first with no sound then coughed loudly. "Ahem, ahem..." He sounded. "Okay, that should do it."

"Sandy, what happened? I've been so alone all this time and I...I really am so confused right now. I want an explanation, seems like even the citizens here don't know."

"I'll explain for you Jack," Sandy smiled brightly at Jack. "While we walk to the castle."

They started trudging the mountain path back to Arendelle. "Let's start first by the...how can you talk, thing, Sandy. How can you talk?"

"Well, Jack, As I told you, I was from this world. The world where the places are Arendelle, Southern Isles, Eastern Seas ... This is the world where I grew up. I was just a farmer boy, back then, when Man in Moon made me."

"Wait," Jack asked. "The man in moon here is the same as the one back in our world?"

Sandy nodded ad continued his story. "Yes, he is. Here is when the first guardians were formed. At the time, that was just me and...Eliora. Eliora was the Snow Queen. At first, she was happy. Making snow enjoyable for children. As time went on, she became obsessed and made children stay outside, in the cold. She didn't let the children be warm, always putting out even the littlest fire. The result was, many people, adults and children alike, died. That was when I was made as the guardian of Dreams.

"As you had already observed, you cannot freeze my dream sands. That's because they are specially made to be immune from the cold, for the sole reason of opposing Eliora's powers. With my sand, I bring warmth and hope to the mortals' lives. It wasn't long before Eliora found out though. Eliora and I battled each other to the death. She, having more experience than me, overpowered me easily. Not to mention that I constantly use up a great deal of energy every night. That was such a battle.

"In the end, we had our final showdown at the Northern mountain. That was when the Man in Moon gave me power over snow. Your blessed date, December 21, the winter solstice...at that day many years ago, Eliora Frostine died at the northern mountain. The Man in Moon damaged her orb, took it from her heart, restored it and hid it ever since. At least I thought so.."

The Sandman and Jack had reached the end of the woods. A couple more steps and they are officially in Arendelle.

"What's an orb, Sandman?" Jack asked him.

"As I said, Eliora was the first guardian, right? It also means that she was the first prototype, or trial, of powers. I don't get the meaning of it too but from how I see it, Eliora gained ice powers from a crystal orb that the Man in Moon gave her. The orb was located at her heart so by putting an orb inside, it made her heart frozen and cold. But it made her immortal."

"Oh..." Jack was at loss. That's why she was after the orb. If what Sandy's saying is right then Jack also has a frozen heart yet how can he feel so...warm? Especially when Elsa is around?

"As I said earlier, I never expected Eliora to survive even after having the orb taken from her. The only logical reason as to why she could have survived is because someone saved her or...she simply has a strong will to survive. With the orb gone in her body, the heart would unfreeze and melt her heart, thus making her mortal. Her memories should had vanished yet she remembered her memories of being the Snow Queen. That is a mystery I cannot solve Jack,and it seems Eliora herself has the only answers we need."

"So Sandy, Do you mean that the reason this kingdom is cursed for eternal winter is because of Eliora?"

Sandman nodded.

"Does it also mean," Jack continued. "That Elsa, I mean the Queen, get her ice powers from the orb that's also inside her body? Is that possible? Having two orbs?"

"I don't know Jack." Sandman pursed his lips and looked apologetically at Jack. "I never heard of having two orbs in the same world. But it's possible that there is an orb here in Arendelle, one that might be in the Queen's heart, and one from our world, which its holder would be you. It seems logical. That may be a good reason."

Jack slumped down on a log in the center park. There were no children outside. A few people were walking around but they're grief-stricken. Their eyes were hollow, like they were imprisoned for a long time. They were hugging themselves. They were muttering incoherent statements that Jack can't understand.

Everything here...is made by Eliora. Not Elsa. But Elsa is being blamed for it. But she's not the culprit. Jack can't believe it. A tear dropped down and he smiled at it. He stared at the gates of the castle.

The castle was enormous. The only entrance that Jack sees is the front gates. How to get in?

"What's the plan, Jack?" Sandman asked.

Jack pondered about it for a bit, then smiled mischiveiously. "I'm gonna save my Queen, Sandy. Wanna help?"

Who said that they're gonna walk inside? They're going to fly, duh.

•×°×•×°×•×°×•×°×•×°×
Hi people :D

How are you? Tell me, tell me, Tell me!

Let's do a little chit-chat. Tomorrow, Jan. 21, a group of Korean students is coming to our school to spend the whole day with us! Woohoo.

Anyway, tell me what you think! Comment, Read, Follow, Vote!!!

I love you all! Thank you for following me! Thank you for the 8,136 reads! The 292 Votes! AND the 110 comments! Keep it coming I guess

ARIGATOU GOZAIMASU! THANK YOU!

(Masaya na ako nyan, pano pa kaya kung talagang tataas bigla? XD Sana nga Labyu!!)