The Frozen Chapter Eight

E L S A

Elsa woke up when she heard a roar. Specifically, Marshmallow's roar. She was immediately alert. She listened for anymore sounds. None.

In a way, she felt relieved. She went downstairs to check on Marshmallow when instead of seeing the snow monster, she saw two people. Two of Arendelle's royal guards.

One pointed to her and chased her. She yelped and ran upstairs. These were the royal guards. They're trained to kill!

Fear will always be by your side, no matter where you run until you are cleansed of the orb.

Elsa looked around. What was that? It was so clear in her head, so sharp and vivid. But she brushed it aside. Now wasn't exactly the time to think about anything else but to throw these guards out.

She's cornered. She's at the top floor. Any second now, the guards will reach this and do god knows what. It doesn't matter what their intent is, Elsa just wants to be away from everyone, to keep them all safe. Yet, why do they all keep coming to her?

She stared at her doorway, afraid of what she might see next. She can hear footsteps. Running frantically. They're closer now.

Fear will bring power.

As if in a trance, Elsa suddenly positioned herself to attack whatever comes in that doorway. She felt abnormally calm yet empty. She wasn't controlling her own body. She knew that much.

If she was completely focused on what she heard the rather than what she saw, he would have been dead. Instead, she grasped control of her own mind, which gave Jack time to move away and approach her in a safe distance.

"Elsa?" Jack looked at her. She didn't know why but she faced him with such menacing eyes. Jack backed away, worried. Elsa saw her own reflection and frowned.

No wonder Jack would be worried. This wasn't Elsa. This was an entirely different being in itself. The eyes proved that much to her. She currently had purple eyes with bluish slits, like a snake. It was despicable.

Jack grabbed her hand and a feeling of warmth coursed through Elsa's body. She was glad that Jack was there for her.

"Are you alright Elsa?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Elsa lied.

"Do you want to tell me what happened?"

"I'm not exactly sure what happened too," She looked at her hands, which felt like they were gripping ice. Cold, hard ice that made her hands feel numb. "What happened to the guards?"

"Guards?" Jack nonchalantly shrugged. "More like scouts to me. They carry no weapon. No sign of harm,but no sign of peace either."

"Where are they? What happened to them?"

"I knocked them out." He replied. Jack and Elsa went downstairs. Elsa noticed that Jack's hair had turned brown again. "They're safe, I guess. I didn't do much damage. They're freezing though."

He was right. The two scouts were freezing alright, but their position is...peculiar.  Elsa expected them to be in a cage of some sort but Jack's 'cage' has confused her as well. The guards had their eyes closed, their body leaning back-to-back with each other. Their 'cage' is circular half-cylinder with a halo on top, leveled to their mouths. If by chance, one of them would open their mouth, their tongue would touch the ice and...well, you get the idea but Elsa has to admit, the idea's pretty funny.

"So what to do with them now?" Jack asked, scratching the back of his head. She did not know the answer. Two scouts of Arendelle...do they already treat her as an enemy of the kingdom?