#75 Your son dies

Liam and Luke are 13, Lillie is 5

Your pov

"Liam, Luke are you sure you want to walk to school? Me and your dad could drop you off when we take Lillie" I asked my twins son's.  "Yeah, we're fine , we are walking with Ellis, Mason and Jayden anyway" Liam told me and I nodded. "Okay, ive put your lunch in your bags, Love you both" I said kissing their cheeks. "Love you too, bye" They replied. "Bye dad, love ya" They said to Niall. "Love you boys too" Niall replied. Liam nd luke both left for school and now Niall and I had to try and get Lillie ready which is sometimes very hard when she is always energetic and never stops moving around.

********

"All done, now let's get your coat and bag on and me and daddy can take you to school" I told Lillie once I finished putting her brown hair in pigtails. She nodded and went to Niall who had her coat. He helped her put it on and then she put her pink princess backpack on.

We got in the car and Niall drove us all to lillies school. We got out and took Lillie to her classroom. "Bye Mummy, Love you" she said kissing my lips. (Not sexual! !!) . "Love you too Lil" I told her kissing her cheek. "Bye daddy, love you" she sid to Niall and kissed him on the lips too. "Bye princess, love you too have a good day" Niall replied kissing her forehead.  We watched Lillie walk in and then we left and went back home.

*******

It was around 2:15 so the boys where due home any minute. Lillie will only need to be picked up and 4 because she finishes school and 3, but she has an after school club. I heard the door open so I got up and went into the hallway. "Hey mum" Luke greeted with a smile. I smiled back.  "Hey Love,  where's Li?" I asked since they usually walk home together. "I don't know, he didn't meet me at the end so I'm guessing he's gone to an after school club" he told me as he walked upstairs . I nodded and went back to niall. "Are the twins back?" He asked. "Luke is, Liam's at an after school club I think" I told him and he nodded.

It was now 4:30pm and Liam still wasn't home, He should be soon though because their shool is around 20 minutes walking distance. Lillie was on the floor in the living room with me and Niall was in the kitchen.

I heard a knock at the door. I walked into the hallway and Niall was about to open the door. Lillie followed me want in to know who it was. Niall opened the door and 2 police officers where there. "Lillie go upstairs to Luke please" Niall told lillie. She went upstairs into Luke's room and we invited the police officers in. I sat on the sofa next to Niall and the 2 officers on the other sofa. 

'"So I am sure you're confused as to why we are here?" The male officer asked.  Niall and I nodded. "You have 3 children? Liam James Horan,  Luke James Horan and Lillie Grace Horan?" The female officer asked.  "Yeah,  now if you don't mind me asking, why are you here?" Niall asked.  "Well we have to speak to you regarding your son Liam" he told us . I furrowed my eyebrows. "What has he done? He never gets in trouble" i told them. "He hasn't done anything" they told us. "Then why are you here to speak about Liam?" I asked politely. "Well, I am very sorry to inform you but there was a hit and run at 3:56 pm which involved your son, he died on impact , we are trying to track down he driver but I'm sorry for your loss" they told us. I froze. My baby boy, dead. A tear ran down my cheek and lots followed . Niall wrapped his arm around me and hugged me. I glanced at him and saw that he was crying too.
"We will leave now but you may see your son one more time, his body is at Alder hey children's hospital , just tell them your names and they will take you too him and if you have any questions about what happened call this number, the accident happened on Lawton street , once again I am sorry for your loss" they said and left.

Luke and Lillie came downstairs. Luke looked at us with a worried expression since we were hugging each other crying. "Mummy, daddy why are you crying?" Lillie asked.  Niall motioned for our two children to come to us. Lillie sat on Niall's lap and Luke sat in between me and Niall. "What's wrong?" Luke asked.  "Well Liam has been involved in a hit and run on Lawton  street,  he was killed on impact" Niall explained while crying. Luke instantly started crying. "Liam died?" Lillie asked.  Niall and I nodded and she started crying. Luke hugged me and lillie hugged Niall. "Can we put some pretty flowers down for him?" Lillie asked while crying into Niall's chest. I nodded. "We will do it later okay" I whispered and cried even more.

*******

We walked to the street where it happened which wasn't very far from where we lived. We had 4 bunches of flowers , one from each of us. Niall and I placed our flowers down on the grass. I hugged Niall and cried into his chest and he cried into my hair as Luke and Lillie placed their flowers down. "I love you Liam, Fly high baby boy,  I couldn't have been anymore prouder of you" I whispered, a tear running down my cheek