Dylan: Shattered

Dylan and I have been living with each other for 2 months. He was always away for acting and I was mostly in the house by myself all the time.

We tried to FaceTime as much as possible, but it wasn't the same as him being with me physically.

Today he would be coming back home from France after filming American Assassin.

He said he would be home by 5, but it was currently 7 and I haven't heard from him.

A bunch of thoughts came running through my head

What if the plane crashed and he's dead?

What if someone killed him in the airport?

What if...

I quickly sat down on the couch because I was starting to get light headed thinking about all the negative things that could've happened.

I held my head in my hands and started to cry.

Then I heard the door open and I lifted my head and turned around to see Dylan standing in the doorway with his arms open and he said, "Y/N, I'm home!"

I got off the couch and ran into his arms and let all my tears and emotions come out.

"What's wrong?" He asked and pulled me closer to him.

I pulled away and said, "Where were you? I thought you were dead!" Tears continued to trickle down my face.

"What? Why would you think that?" He asked and took my hands and squeezed them gently.

"It's been two hours Dyl! I haven't heard from you and you said you'd be home by 5!" I said trying not to get to upset.

"Yeah, I guess I did say 5...sorry. I had to drop some things off at T.Pose's house," he said and I could see the guilt in his eyes.

I ripped my hands out of his and said, "This isn't going to work if you don't tell me where you are. I though you were dead!" I was practically yelling at him and I was letting all my emotions out.

"I know, I know, I'm sorry...I feel terrible..." Dylan said. "I've missed you so so much."

"I've missed you too, I've been in this empty house for four months by myself. I'm lonely all the time and everytime I try to FaceTime you, I get no response," I said and continued to cry.

"What are you saying?" Dylan asked and a tear fell down his face.

"I'm saying -" I got choked up. I never thought I would be saying this. "I think we should take a break..."

"What?" He asked and more tears fell from his eyes.

"I'm so sorry, Dylan. I hate having to say this, but I think it might be for the best..." I pulled him into an embrace and he rubbed his hands up and down my back.

"I love you, Y/N," he whispered.

"I love you too, Dylan," I said before starting to cry even more.

I then pulled away and nodded and said, "Bye Dyl..." And waved and walked out of our house.

I was walking away from my once perfect life, my dreams, and most importantly, Dylan...