7 - Fog Cutter

Kirigiri Kyoko's P.O.V.

I walked towards the nurses' office.

I quickly opened the door.

"Komaeda, we need to talk privately. Quickly, too." I glared at Tsumiki, who went away. Good thing she's scared easily. I walked next to Komaeda, ringing my footsteps with my high heels.

"Why the fuck did you let her do that?" I approached my face close to his and sat down.

"D-Do what?" He looked away. I guess I can use more persuation.

"Hajime saw that, you know?"

His face froze.

"What? No he didn't-"

"He told me he saw you guys, but I'm pretty sure he hid behind the door and peeked through. There was a small gap open." I pointed towards the door.

"W-Well, it's okay, right? It won't affect Hajime that much, right?" Komaeda's voice is slightly hicked.

...I wonder if I should tell him...

...
About his wrist.

Nah.

"Well cmon, you can't just let him like that, I think he loves you back."

I mean, it's kinda obvious.

The way Hajime gets a bit tenser when he's around Komaeda and the fact that his blinking rate increases slightly when he sees Komaeda makes it obvious.

For me, at least.

"I mean, he doesn't look like someone who would like me..." Komaeda looked over his hand. His gaze was directed towards the small lines in his palm. "I'm just trash, after all..."

I sighed.

"Learn how to value yourself more, okay?" I put my hand over his messy hair. "Once you do, your path will be clear from any obstales. Let your heart be the fog cutter of this case." I smiled and pat his head a bit.

"Uh... I don't really get what you mean..."

"It's okay. I know that you'll get through it." I stood up. "Just don't get too caught up in... heavier circumstances, 'kay?" I walked out of the room.

I quickly walked to the nearest classroom and opened the door.

Hajime Hinata was sitting in a desk, looking outside by the window.

"I knew you would be here." I made my way to the desk next to where he was sitting and sat down.

"...Why are you here?" He muttered, lowering his gaze a little.

[Analysing]
The desk is slightly damp because of smudged water on it. Hajime's face wont turn back to me and his fingers are fidgeting around inside of his pocket. His sleeve has wet marks on it. His breathing is hitched and his voice is slightly high-pitched from usual. It's obvious that Hajime's trying to keep his cool aroud me, but I can see right through him.

...

"You were crying, weren't you..?"

...

A big silence followed by two drips.

"S.. shut up..." His hand reached up to his face to dry his olive green eyes. It was kind of glistening. I'd have to admit that Hajime's eyes are pretty, especially when they're full of tears.

"... A person is way more beautiful when they're smiling then when they're crying." I handed him my handkerchief.

"... T-That's too-"

"-Cliché, isn't it?" I smiled.

"Well, I shall take my leave." I stood up and went to the door.

"... good luck." I muttered and went out.

...

Hajime Hinata's P.O.V.

... I opened up the folded handkerchief and found a peice of paper with a phone number on it.

...

Hinata: Thank you, Kirigiri.

I smiled and closed my phone.

Kirigiri Kyoko's P.O.V.

I looked at my phone and smiled.

Kirigiri: No problem.

...
Let's see what this "fog cutter" can do.

Author's note: Apparently, Kirigiri Kyōkō's name means "fog cutter", which is a reference to her past detective self. 🔪🌫 💞