Chapter 6

Hope's P.O.V.

I looked surprised and a little bit hurt.

"I'm so sorry, Hope. I should have told you sooner, but I just haven't dared to." she murmured softly to herself and avoided it to look me in the eyes.

I exhaled deeply and looked away. She was my best friend and knowing that I might never see her again, broke my heart. 

"That's okay, Melody. I understand you." I assured her, looking at her again.

I forced myself to a small smile.

"We will use these days. We have at least two more." I suggested but she just shook her head slightly and sighed.

"We only have one day to be exact. I still haven't packed and I have planned it for tomorrow."

I nodded slightly.

"Well, then we have only one day. If you want to, we can go to my place today and you can stay the night." I proposed and stroked my hair. 

Melody smiled and nodded. And before I could say anything else, the bell rang and we went slowly to our next lesson...

~

When the last lesson was over, Melody and I strolled outside. Immediately my eyes met Harry, who had his Arms crossed over his chest and was leaning against his car. He didn't look in my direction but let his gaze wander. Finally, Melody and I were getting closer to him and his eyes met mine and flashed. My heart skipped a beat and I smiled at him warmly. He just grinned at me and stepped a little bit closer. 

"Hey Harry." Melody greeted my stepsibling with a grin and looked at him.

"Hey Melody." he retorted coolly and nodded slightly.

"Melody stays overnight." I let him know and looked into his eyes.

"For all I care." he shrugged.

"Then get in."

Melody and I obeyed and when we took our seats, Harry drove off.

"Harry?"

"Yeah Melody?"

"Would you mind if you settle me home so I can get my things?"

"No problem."

"Thank you."

Harry didn't answer anymore and drove directly to Melody's. He parked in her driveway and she quickly jumped out of the car and ran in to get her things.

"You didn't greet me today."

When I turned my head to Harry, I looked directly into his eyes which shimmered in a sparkling green. I bit my lower lip and shrugged my shoulders slightly, turning my head away again. I just didn't want to look at him. Harry made ​​me nervous and he was the only boy who had such an effect on me.

"Hey, look at me." his voice was soft and low.

I turned my head back toward him and looked him in the eyes.

"What 's going on?"

"Nothing. I'm just a little bit tired..." I lied and leaned my head back against the headrest.

"If you say so."

I knew he wasn't buying it but I also didn't know what was wrong with me. He said nothing more and we spent the remaining minutes in silence until Melody came and we drove home.

~

(A/N: I'm sorry if there are some mistakes! xo)