Chapter 39

THREE YEARS LATER....

It seemed like yesterday that I met Damon but I realise, we've been together for around three years now. The journey with him by my side was not exactly the smoothest of all but nonetheless, it was very fulfilling, happy and we passed the test of times. Mom has moved to Virginia for work and she has generously gifted the house to me on my 21st birthday. Only the thing is that I won't ever age. Damon and me, we practically live together and he has asked me for marriage. I accepted but told him that we can't be married.. yet. And he is so understanding. He said that he has all the time in the world and that theres no need to hurry.

As for Elena and Stefan, they live together at the Salvatore Mansion because Elena got too lonely after Jeremy went to New York to be with Bonnie.

Caroline is happy with Tyler and Matt has met some other girl and I guess they are happy too.

For all of us, Love is in the air and we are thankful that we've met our soulmates. Atleast I have.

Damon still makes me feel special and when he's with me, there is not anything that matters more. Damon took me to places I have not seen before. And I give him all the love that he was deprived of, all the love I'm capable of. I belong to him in every sense.

My mom, she approves of me and Damon and he treats her like his own mother. He doesn't know the good things that he is capable of but I think, he has started to realise that is not a monster, afterall.

Damon brings me out of my memories and contemplation. We are presently on our way to Hawaii and the plane journey has tired me.

"Hey, why in such deep thought", he murmers.

I smile at him and say, "just wondering how fast time flew. Thankyou, Damon. For everything. I love you."

" Don't start with the thankyous, Ann. What is mine is yours too and whenever you want, it will be yours legally", Damon responds winking.

Aah. Marriage. Maybe its time? Because anyway, we are like a married couple. Just not legally. We are a hopelessly in love couple.

I lean my face to kisd him and he kisses me back.

"I love you too", he says.

For me, this will always be new. Forever.

I cuddle up to him and he wraps his arms around me and i drift off again.