Chapter 10

The environment in the room has changed. Elena and Stefan are making out in the kitchen while Tyler and Caroline are making out in the couch. Jeremy and Matt are busy in their games.

"Uh. I need so-- some fresh air", I mumble.

I get up and head for the door.

I feel Damon getting up, too.
Oh no. Maybe he's coming with me!

I feel giddy with excitement and nervous too.

"Mind if I come along?" Damon asks.

"Um, yes. No. I mean if you wan-- want to", I somehow answer him.

I go to the front porch and sit in the stairs. Damon sits beside me.

I am again aware of the charge between us. He seems to feel it too as he fists his fingers.

"Annette." Damon breaks the silence.

"Da- Damon".

"You do something to me. I can't stay away from you".

Whoa, I do somethingto him?

"Back at you, Damon."

"Annette, don't want me. I am the bad guy. There are things about me that you don't know. You are still new here."

"Damon, it doesn't matter. I think I have fallen for you."

"Hush, don't say that. I am not what you think. I am a monster".

"No, I don't believe that. You're not a monster. You are good".

"Annette, don't be dillusional about me. I have the reputation of being the bad guy".

"I believe what I feel. And I feel that you just put on a mask to keep people away from you".

He gazes at me. His eyes speaking volumes. He leans his head, his searching mine for permission. I lean and our lips meet. He kisses me passionately. I get transported to a different world where he is everywhere. I kiss him with all my heart. Our tongues exploring each other. Soon, I become breathless and break the kiss. Damon smirks.

"That was a helluva kiss".

I look up at him, shyly. He gets up and scoops me up along with him and turns towards the door. Surprised, I gasp and giggling, I tell him to put me down.