Chapter 22

We spend the day doing nothing, simply talking to each other on various topics. It is a lazy afternoon. I am cuddled on Damon's lap while Elena is on Stefan's.

I secretly wink at her and she winks back. Hmm.. if only we could stay like this, forever. My body stills as I realise that we can or most importantly, I can. I remove the thought as I'm frightened at the possibility.

Damon feels my anxiousness and asks, " Something bothering you? You know you can tell me", whispering in my ear.

"Nah, its nothing", I lie.

Damon senses that I am lying and turns me so that I am facing him, our lips inches away.

"Tell me", he persuades.

"Really, its nothing. I'm just a bit stiff", I lie again and lean towards him so that I can kiss him.

He says nothing, embracing me in his arms and reciprocating the kiss.

I glance sideways, expecting Elena Stefan to stare at us, wide eyed.

Instead, I find their space empty.

"Where did they go?", I blurt out.

Damon chuckles and says,  "To do 'nothing'" and I roll my eyes at him.

Soon, it was time for me to leave but I didn't want to. Damon holds my hand and asks me to stay the night.

"I can't. Mom will be alone in that house and I miss my pillow", I say, truthful. "But maybe you can?", I add, hinting.

"Let me pack my bags", he says and smirks.

"Please. I want you to spend the night with me. I don't want to be away from you", I plead.

Damon's pupils dilate and he responds, " Okay, I will" and kisses me goodbye."

"Later", I say and get into my car.

I am all brushed up and in my nightwear, waiting for Damon to come. I look at the mirror and see a bright eyed girl as the reflection.

As if on cue, I hear my window open and see Damon coming in through it.

I run to cover the distance between us, excited like a five year old kid, and hug him tightly.

He smirks and says, "missed me much, have ya?"

"You have no idea", I say and tip my toes so that I can kiss his perfect lips.

"How about we get on the bed", he says.

"Sounds good to me," I wink at him.

"Maybe it ain't what you're thinking," he challenges.

"Whatever it is, as long as you are with me, I don't mind", I say, letting him carry me to the bed.

He drops me on the bed and I squel, surprised. I didn't see that coming.

He hops on to the bed and pulls the duvet around me and I sigh, happily, snuggling to him and feel his arms wrap around me as I drift into sleep, contented.