Chapter 4

As I wander around in the lunchroom with my tray, I hear a voice directed to me.

"Hey, new girl. No place for you in the room?"

I turned and saw a jock smiling widely at me. God! He was hot. Well built and actually tall. Another girl elbowed him in the ribs for which he winced. She said "don't mock the new one". She got up from their table and walked towards me. My inner snarky bitch sprang to action. I was expecting a scene because she was a pretty blond and looked like the to be prom queen. Instead, she came up to me and asked "would you like to join us"?

I looked towards their table and saw those two girls from my history class. Elena and Bonnie.

Since I knew no one else, I accepted her offer.

"Uh, sure. That is if the others won't mind my sitting in your table".

"Hey, no worries. We are the welcoming sort. Um--"

"Oh sorry. I am Annette".

"Well Annette, welcome to our table".

I liked her instantly. She's very jolly and warm. Not like the bitch I would have been if I was in her place.

I follow her to the table and take a seat beside Elena and Bonnie, with the blondie on my other side.

Without any delay, blondie started again.

"Guys, she is Annette and Annette, this is Matt and Jeremy". She referred to two extremely cute guys sitting on the opposite part of our table. Without any interruption, she goes on

"she is Elena and with her is Bonnie."

"Hey, you're in our history class!" says Bonnie.

"uh, yeah." I say and Elena gives me a kind, warm smile. I smile back.

Anyways, blondie continues "Jeremy is Elena's brother and this is Tyler, my boyfriend and finally, my name's Caroline". I nod at Jeremy after the introduction. Oh hell. My hot guy is taken by blondie. Oops, Caroline. How sad.

Soon after the introduction, we were joined by another guy who looked familiar but I had never seen him before in my life. He walked towards our table and hugged Elena from behind. Smiling, she turned and indulged in a long kiss with the beautiful guy. Caroline clears her throat and announces

" ahem, um Stefan, this is Annette and Annette, he is Stefan."

Turning towards him I utter a "hello". Good Lord, I am blushing!

"Hey. You're the new girl?"

"Um, I guess I am". Squirming, I turn to avoid myself getting caught. As soon as I answered him, something in him changed. Like he was given some bitter conformation. Like something clicked in his mind.

After a few minutes, the bell rings announcing the end of Lunch.