Chapter 7

Reaching home, I open the door and throw my bag aside.

"Mom, are you in here? Mom. Mom"

No reply. She must be outside.

I head for the kitchen and find a note waiting for me.

*Honey.

Some urgent work has come up to which I have to attend to.

There are cold cut sandwiches in the fridge and some sausages. I'll be back as soon as I can, though it may take a bit if time.

Love, mom*

So, I guess I am alone in the house. Turning, I head for the fridge and take out the sabdwiches. Finishing them quickly, I walk to my room to just lay down for a moment. God, first day was not awful as expected.

There's only a single thought that rules my mind at the moment. Damon Salvatore.

I rummage through my closet and find a LBD that shows off skin at the right places. With that, I decide on the black Jimmy Choos stilletos and some accessories. I hope that I get to see him tonight.

Soon, it was time to get dressed and head out. I got to Mystic Grill and found the 'cute boy who was at the lunch table today' behind the counter. I was still fifteen minutes early.

"Hey, Mike, isn't it?"

"Oh hey. No, it's Matt. Um--"

"Annette"

"Yeah, right. Annette"

"Um, you work here?"

"Yeah. a busboy. Life's a bit tough for me", he mutters solemnly.

"Trust me, not just for you. I have been forced to stay in this small town. I mean, theres not even any decent mall in here".

"Don't be harsh", says Matt. "Mystic Falls is home. I would trade anything to be in this town forever".

"I wish I felt the same", I sigh. "Elena and gang didn't reach till now?"

"Speak of the devil and there they come", he says with a smirk.

I turn and see Elena, Bonnie and Caroline coming through the door.

"Hey Annette", greets Elena and Caroline. "Hey Matt", they add.

"Hi guys" I reply shyly.

"So girls and guys, ready for the partaaay?", chirps Caroline, "come on then. Stefan and Damon's gonna join us there".

It is the This Is It moment for me. He's gonna be there, was all I could think of.

We walk out giggling and talking. I mean, the others were. But I was very much nervous.Finally I'll see him.

P.S: hey lovely readers out there. Help me get started. Keep reading, voting, commenting and sharing. And above all, keep loving Ian ♥