Chapter 14

Damon breaks the kiss, his eyes searching mine.

"You really won't leave?", he asks again.

"Damon, I love you. It doesn't matter who or what you are. I've made the decision even before I knew that you are a vamp-- vampire", I assure him.

"Are you absolutely serious? I don't know how, but you've made a great difference in my life. I maybe selfish but I want you all by myself", he declares.

"Hush, say no more. I am all yours and besides, we all are a little selfish", I joke.

"I love you", he says and bends to kiss me again.

"And I you", I reply, grinning.

"So, we shall celebrate ourselves", he smirks.

"Uh, if by celebration you mean drinks, then I am not so sure. I've had a terrible headache from yesterday's booze."

Damon takes my hand and leads me further inside, to the hall. Wait, this is their sitting room. Such a huge place they have.

"Don't worry. I get juice for you then", he teases.

I stuck my tongue at him which causes him to laugh out loud.

"Can I take a tour of the house?", I ask for permission.

"Yeah, sure you can. I thought you wanted to talk". He says, guarded.

"I want to do both?", I say, not sure.

"Fine, come on then", he says and points towards the east.

"There's the kitchen, not that we use it", he says with his trademark smirk.

"We? Stefan is, too?", I enquire.

He gives me a 'duh uh' look.

Gosh, I feel so dumb.

"Does Elena know about Stefan?"

"I guess she does. Which also mean that she knows about me too", he replies.

"Come on upstairs. The rooms are there".

Suddenly, my feet are no longer on the ground. He swept me off my feet and nestled me in his arms.

I giggle and feel his muscles. He laughs with me. His voice is so silky, so manly yet boyish. I love everything about him. His face is flawless as is his body. Everything about him is flawless.

"This is Stefan's room and he writes some cheesy diary but isn't aware that I know of it and whats inside it", he smirks.

"Going through someone else's personal things is a crime, mister", I say and playfully smack at his arm.

"What, he is my brother. Not someone else," he points.

"Still, not done", I say.

"Yeah, whatever".

Next, we stop at a dark room. Dark, in the sense, there was no sunlight coming in through the windows as the curtains are put on.

"I figure this is your room?" I ask, skeptical.

"Smart. But you don't seem too happy about it", he states.

"Where is the light?"

"In my arms", he says as a matter of fact.

I blush and bury my head against his chest.

"I mean sunli-- sunlight", I stutter.

"Ann, I told you I am dark. I don't prefer much brightness or light. But now, I feel like I do", he says and kisses me.

Suddenly, the front door opens and we hear voices.

"Damon, you here?" Stefan shouts.

Damon keeps quiet and suppresses a grin.

Come on, Elena. He isn't here", he calls out.

"You sure? He is such an asshole." We hear Elena say.

"That he is", Stefan agrees.

We quietly descend the stairs and find Stefan and Elena 'busy'.

Damon deliberately clears his throat, to annoy them.

"Ahem, if you kids have finished making out, I would like to discuss some 'assholeness'", he smirks.

Till now, I am in Damon's arms. I squirm, signalling him to put me down.

Without any word, he puts me down and wraps his hand around my waist.

Elena's expression was worth a thousand dollars.

"Spying up on people now, Damon?" Stefan asks, bitterness evident in his voice.

"Not now, little brother. I am known to be doing that for some time now", he answers, shamelessly.

"Annette, what are you doing her? With him? Aren't you supposed to be in school? Annette, beware of him. He's an asshole", Elena yells at us.

"Aren't you both supposed to be at school?," Damon answers back.

"Looks like we all are bunking school", Stefan says, defensive.

"Elena, it is none of your business as to what is she doing here," he says cuttingly, directly to her.

"Don't say that I didn't warn you." Elena told me and walked out of the door. Stefan gave Damon a look and followed Elena.