Chapter 29

Sunlight is streaming into my room through the window. Last night comes to my mind and I feel a smile at the memory.

Damon is beside me, sleeping. His arms wrapped around me and his legs threading through mine. I feel warm. Too warm. The sunlight and body heat. I slowly wriggle to get Damon off me. He wakes up at the slightest wriggle and his blue eyes are burning into mine.

"Good morning", he says, sleepily.

"I love you", I giggle and say. "I could get used to waking up beside you on my bed", teasing.

He smirks and leans in to kiss me, making a sound deep in his throat. His fangs scrape at the base of my throat and I stretch my neck to make some room. The fangs enter my skin and he feeds. A sharp pinching feeling is starting at the points and soon, Damon eases out his fangs.

I never saw his fangs after he fed. But, today, he faced me and infront of my eyes, the fangs are present, stained with my blood. I feel a chill down my spine.

"You're scared. I am sorry but I am a monster. It kills me knowing that I hurt you. Yet, your blood is the most tempting for me," he confesses.

I put my hands to his mouth, to quiet him.

"Damon, you do not hurt me. It feels nice, knowing that I am able to satisfy you. In some way, atleast. And I told you this before still I'm telling you now. You are not a monster." I assure him and lift my head to reach his.

He leans and our lips meet. I can still taste my blood in his mouth. Its the rust and salt taste. Maybe I should be getting used to human blood. He agreed to turn me. Will we do it tonight? I still.

"What happened"? Damon asks.

"Will you turn me tonight?" I whisper.

"Do you want me to?"

I nod.

Taking his wrist, he bites it and holds it out to me.

"Drink it", pointing to the blood from his wrist.

I take it in my mouth and drink the blood.

"Why this"? I ask.

"Ensuring that vampire blood is in your system beforehand will make it safer.", he explains.

Here I am, at the history class, thinking about what will happen tonight. Elena is writing the notes furiously, while I am not mentally present.

"Ms. Davis, can you tell what I just dictated?" Mr. Alaric Saltzman, our history teacher, asks.

"I.... uh...", Elena opens her copy wide so that I can read the sentence. "Um, The Inca Civilization faced threats from the neighbouring tribes", I mutter.

"Well, Ms. Davis. Ms. Gilbert is helpful, I see."

My face heats up and I sit down quickly, never looking up again for the rest of the class.

After a few torturous classes, Caroline, Bonnie, Elena and I walk to Lunch.

"Annette, are you okay? You seem so distracted. Everything's fine with Damon?" Elena asks. Why is she being so observant today.

"Yeah, everything's fine. Its just that I have a lot of homework pending", I lie, giving her a fake smile.

Finally the day's over and I run to my car to meet Damon at Mystic Grill.