Chapter 20

I am still reeling from all the information that Damon has supplied about his past.

He stares questioninly at me with his eyes.

"Thats not fair, Damon," I say to him.

I am sitted on his lap and he on my bed.

"Whats not fair?", he asks, feigning innocence.

"Your eye thing", I state.

"My eye thing?", he says, keeping up the act.

"Oh, don't act so innocent. And as you wanted to know about my past romances, here it goes. Back at school, I was what Caroline is here. The school babe, popular but I was shallow and vain with all the attention that I recieved. But, it was just that, an act. To cover up my vulnerability. To be perfect and flawless. And obviously, I've had boyfriends. No one serious. All were flings. And to be frank, I never kissed a guy. You were the first one.", I confess, hiding my face in his chest.

"Are you serious?" he asks, sounding awed, "I was your first kiss"?

I nod.

"Whoa, that quite a news. Ann, you are my second true love. I am sorry that you couldn't be my first. But you can be sure that you are my last", he says, assuring me.

I nod at his chest again. I understand him, his past. He takes my face and bends down to kiss me, his tongue urgent on mine, promising and filled with passion. I surrender myself to him and kiss him with all my heart. I love him, no matter what. He is just like me. Hurt, damaged on the inside but puts up an act infront of others. We're gonna be just fine.

After our confession, I am too tired. But at the same time, I am happy to be lying beside Damon on my bed.

Mom isn't home. No one is. Maybe we can put this bed to use.

I move my fingers on his chest, suggestively and with the other hand, I clutch his hair and force my lips on his.

Moving my hand on his chest, I try to unbutton his shirt. He lets me do it, getting the signal.

My heart is beating out of my chest. I am nervous yet excited to be doing it with him.

I finish unbuttoning him and move to open my sweatshirt. He suddenly grabs my hand and pins it on the bed.

"No.", he says.

It hits me like I have been slapped. I break the kiss and stare at him.

Oh god, this is so embarassing. Tears threaten at the back of my eyes and I somehow hold them.

He doesn't want me in that way. I realise. I am such a fool to have initiated it.

"Its not what you think", he clarifies.

I can no more hold back my tears and it starts flowing freely, all over my face.

"Hush, Annette. Don't cry. Shush", he tries to comfort me, wiping away my tears.

"You don't want me in that way", I blurt out.

"Annette, stop crying. I do want you. Very much. Especially in that way. But, now won't be the right time.", he stated.

"Wh-why?" I weep.

"Because, you silly girl, Elena and Bonnie will be coming over here in the afternoon, which will be shortly. I won't mind getting caught naked with you but I think you would," he smirked.

Oh. Thats the reason. Silly me. Mind always on the overdrive. Overthinking things.

I giggle despite my tears and grab a tissue to wipe them.

"Ah ah ah. Use my shirt", Damon winks.

"You're serious?" I ask.

"Of course I am", he replied.

I take his shirt happily and wipe away my tears.