Door

There's no sound. Charles jut sit on a chair, looks to nothing. He always do that since the last seven days.

"Charles, drink this," she says, gives the glass to Charles.

"Um, yeah, thanks," he answers, without any expression.

She fondles his face. She looks that eyes. It's really different with Edward. He has energetic blue eyes, and Edward has shady grey eyes. But the way they look to Elena's eyes is same. With love sight.

"You know what?" she asks to him.

"What?" he asks back. Mutter.

"I lost your smile," she says.

"How could you asking me to smile in this situation?" he asks.

"I know. But I promised to you that we will face this together, remember?" she asks.

"But I'm not promise to you to face this with smile," he answers.

"No, I will not make you promise to smile, but smile is the only way to solve this problem," she says.

He is smiling. Not sincere.

"No, that smile couldn't make changes," she says.

"So, what kind of smile?! Like clown?!" he asks, a half mad.

"So, are we going to finish this while I cursing you from outside? No, we need to talk," she says.

"We are talking, now," he says.

"Talk about the problem," she adds.

"Talk then," he says.

"I know your problem. How about if we solve the debt first?" she offers.

"But how? I don't have money. I'm bankrupt. I am poor right now," he says.

"How about if we sell my house? And I can live in a smaller house. You know what? Edgar always messes up the house, and it will torture me if I live in a big house like what you give to me," she says.

"Yeah, but...," he says.

"I'm not a daughter of a king. I'm not living in the palace before this. I'm a normal person who live in a normal house," she says.

"But after that? I have a really big debt, and money that we get from selling that house is not enough," he says.

"You don't know how the world works," she says.

"But I know how to keep alive and love someone. Love you," he says.