Chapter 12 - Two Weeks

Nick leaves for Miami tomorrow morning.

I stand in his doorway as he packs. He looks up. "You can still come with me," he says. "My parents won't let me," I tell him. "Why?" he asks, looking for another shirt to put in his suitcase.

"They don't want me missing a lot of school," I say, walking into his room and sitting on his bed.

"You can come during the break," he suggests. "Yeah, I could," I nod.

He sits down and opens his arms, which I gladly accept. "I'm gonna miss you," he says into my hair. "I'm gonna miss you, too," I say.

"I'm going to FaceTime you at the cast party so you can meet them all," he says. "They're really nice."

"I'm sure they are," I agree. Nick met a few of them at the meeting, and they all got along great.

"You don't mind that I'll be hugging and flirting with girls on the show, right?" he asks. I shake my head. "Of course not. As long as they don't make a move on you in real life, it'll be fine."

He laughs, then let's go. "Only 2 months, and I get a week break during that two months," he smiles. I nod. "I know. It's just going to be different without you at school," I say.

"Yeah, Coach Allen wasn't very happy about the fact that i'll be gone," he laughs. "Hey, you can only call her coach if you're on the team," I laugh.

--------_------------

"Nick, you need to let go," I laugh. "No," he mumbles.

"Nick, the flight takes off in ten minutes. Let go of Kacey, you'll see her in two weeks," his mom tells him.

Nick sighs an lets go. "Two weeks, Jensen," he smiles. "Two weeks, Merico," I reply.

He gives me one last hug, and goes to the plane.

I begin to walk away when I'm pulled back and turned around.

I see Nick, and before I can say anything, he connects his lips with mine.

He pulls away an smiles. "Two weeks." Then he runs back to his waiting mother.