Chapter 19 - We Need To Talk

"Ah, Mr. Merico. You're back early."

I slowly turn to face him. "Kacey?" he asks. Then he looks over at Sara. "What did you do to her?" he asks Sara.

"Nothing, Nicky!" Sara says. Nick rolls his eyes. "Yeah, whatever. What happened?" he asks.

"Mr. Merico, please calm down. Kacey and Ms. Allen need to go back to class, so I'm sure they can tell you what happened," the principal says. We nod, and head out, leaving Sara behind.

Coach stops Nick and I. "Go ahead and tell Nick what happened. I won't mark you guys late," she says, then goes to her classroom.

Nick looks at me. I take a deep breath.

"So, I was going to Allen's class, when Sara pushed me into a locker. She said she did it cause I stole you from her and called you hers. I told her that you aren't an item that she can claim as her own and she got mad. So, she pushed me into the lockers again, then Coach came out, got mad at Sara, and took us down to the principal's office. There, Sara claimed she didn't do a single thing and he didn't believe it. So, I got off the hook, and she got a months detention. That's when you walked in."

He shakes his head. "I can't believe her," he says. "I know," I agree.

"Well, we need to get to class. But, can we talk after school?" he asks. I nod.

-------------------------

School goes by quickly. Nick said to meet him at the park.

I walk over to the bench, where he's already sitting. I sit by him.

"Hey," I say. He looks up. "Hey, we need to talk." he tells me.

I'm already worried. I nod.

"Ever since we started going out, school has been hell for you. Sara and Adriana are always giving you shit. You've been getting hate from the fans, and don't deny it. I see it, and it hurts knowing what they think of you. You've gotten into so much trouble and it usually involves me, and it's just going to get worst as we get closer and deeper into our relationship, especially as the show gets more and more viewers. And it's all because I asked you out."

I shake my head. "No. I get shit from Sara and Adriana, but I always have. I always will. And the fans don't bug me. I block the ones that send me hate, and I read the ones who are sweet. And don't you dare blame this on yourself."

"Kacey, I just don''t want you to get hurt," he says.  "I won't get hurt, Nick. I've been bullied and given shit for so long, I've learned to not let it get to me. I can do this, Nick. I can do this,"I tell him.

"Kace, are you sure?" he asks.

I nod. "I'm 180% sure."

_____________________________________________________

oooh drama. I love how drama rhymes with llama which kinda sounds like lana i can't wait for new music from lana del rey