Soul Searching

The black-haired girl walked through Ouran's gates, feeling the breeze blowing her hair back. Or was it a boy? The person was wearing the boy's uniform, so it surely is a boy, correct? Wrong, it's still Sakurai Jun, cross-dressing just because she didn't like the pastel yellow dress that was the girl's uniform.

"It's been two months since then huh..." Jun sighed to herself as she recalled the past events. Two months ago was certainly hectic for the youth, something no normal student would ever experience in their entire lifetime.

The experience of seeing yourself die and breaking a deathly curse.

"Jun! Good morning!" Jun snapped back to her surroundings. She was now in the school building, being caught up to by Haruhi who ran to greet her.

"Morning Haruhi," She offered a kind smile at Haruhi. Nearby females started fangirling to themselves, thoroughly fooled that these two were handsome males. By now the duo were already used to the screams, treating them as background noises while they go about their lives.

"It's today isn't it? The day Ren comes back to school?" Haruhi asked.

There wasn't a day that went by without Jun thinking about Ren. Ever since that day she was again, supposed to die in the hospital, Ren was never seen ever again. When she asked the Host Club and Maika, they simply gave her a letter telling Jun to read it. From there, Jun learned of how she was given another chance at life, by Ren sacrificing himself for her. Nekozawa had given her the specifics how and Kyoya had told her everything she needed about Ren's condition after that, but there was still something the two couldn't explain for her.

Why would Ren go that far for her?

"Hey Jun look! It's Ren!"

Ren. Immediately her eyes went searching for the auburn-haired male. Her target was swiftly spotted, looking around for his class. It took her a while to find him for the last time she saw him, Ren did not wear an eye patch. The current Ren was now wearing a white one, a simple square of white plastered over his right eye. His hair now parted above his left eye, the longer bangs helping to somewhat cover some of his eye patch. 

Despite this, he was somehow made more handsome this way judging by the stares he got from every female nearby.

"He looks different from before..." Haruhi wondered aloud to herself. Suddenly Ren spotted the duo and walked towards them. Jun mentally gulped to herself; if Ren doesn't remember them then why was he going towards them?

"Excuse me!" The auburn-haired male called out to them, "Do you know where class 1-A is?"

"Eh? Uh actually... that's our class too..." Jun answered nervously. However, it was now Ren panicking.

"Don't get me wrong though! I-I was just wondering which block it was in so I asked!" 

"Oh, it's alright," Haruhi hurriedly added in, "It's in Block C in case you're wondering. Wanna walk with us to class?" Ren grinned in relief at this.

"Sure! Thanks!" Ren didn't ask our names surprisingly, that was odd. Could it be he remembered us...? 

"Uh don't get me wrong here but... I sorta mixed up names in my mind so... can you tell me your names again?"

Oh wait nevermind, he doesn't remember us, Ren is trying to hide the fact that he was an amnesiac. Sighing to myself, the three of us walked onward to class as mere acquaintances. 

A little bit of the hope in me faded away, the faith of Ren somehow remembering us diminishing by the second.

******