Spiraling Down

*Ren's POV* 

It's already two weeks since I stayed at the Sakurai's house. Of course, it had been hectic of course, what with us three deciding house chores and routines and stuff. Other than that, life was pretty fun at the moment, except for the occasional 'other-worldly' things.

Specifically, the ghost of my little sister.

"You've been showing up pretty often, is this an omen?" 

It was a little after noon, after lunch with the group. We hung out pretty often these days, talking about almost anything ranging from Haruhi in a swimsuit to my dance videos as Shinobi. Yep, we were a rather weird group, really. Anyways, I had been reading manga on my bed when Maya showed up, the sun's rays passing through her like air. Each time Maya appears, she brings a plush animal with her. Sometimes it's a teddy bear, sometimes it's a dolphin, it could be literally anything. Today she brought with her a turtle, its happy grin contrasting the grim expression she wore.

"...." As usual, she doesn't answer. I sighed to myself. Even if she was speechless, I grew to understand her intentions a little more each time she appears. Now it seemed like she had bad news to tell me.

"It's almost time now, isn't it?" At this Maya slowly nodded, her eyes cast downwards at the carpet flooring below her.

"Is that so... well I guess I should quickly leave then..."

"Leave? Are you going somewhere Izumi?"

I actually jumped, a huge strike to my 'I'm-not-scared-of-anything' pride. However, it didn't matter much once I saw the speaker was Maika, standing by my room's door.

"Oh uh Maika, 'sup~" I forced a grin.

" 'Sup~" She wore a grin of her own as she sat down my bed beside me, "I didn't know you wanted to go fetch Jun too you know, from her squash training."

"Yeah, well I meant that 'cause I wanted to buy something at the minimart nearby." If I had something other than my dancing ability to be proud of now, it would be now. My lying ability. Yet, it tore me on the inside somehow, a permanent scar that was meant to stay. Still, I'd carry these secrets to the grave.

Yes, no one is to know of what I saw. What I had foreseen so many times. While all my thoughts swirled about, Maika received a text and had been texting back. 

"Hey Ren, looks like we don't have to worry about Jun, she's gonna be on her way back."

"Really? Did she take a cab?" At that, Maika shook her head.

"No, she took out her bike."

Jun took her bike out. 

Oh no. 

Oh no no NO!!! At this point, Maya had already realized what I knew. She was in my dreams, helping me to decipher each vision I saw.

The first was a ship accident. The second being a car crash. The third one, well...

It involved a cycling incident. Now, all of these seemed like ordinary nightmares, yes. 

What didn't make it ordinary was the fact that Jun was the victim of them all. Maya's face only seemed to solidify his fears further.

"MAIKA! WE HAVE TO GO!!!"

My voice rang out desperate and panic-stricken, scaring both Maika and my little sister immediately. I jumped off my bed and hurriedly grabbed my jacket, Maika following after me in confusion.