Chains of Time

"JUN!!!"

I rushed to the deck with hands on the railing. No no no this can't be happening! In the choppy waters below I caught a glimpse of black hair and hand desperately reaching upwards to stay afloat. I could feel my whole self turning white, my knuckles clenched onto the railings in fear.

"What happened?!" The Host Club and Maika had rushed out to see me, horror sketched upon their features once they pieced it all together.

"JUN! NO!!!" Maika screamed snapping me out of my shock. Immediately I started taking off my shirt. Kyoya was the first to realize what I was trying to do; his immediate reaction was to grab my arm.

"Ren wait you can't be serious!"

"Shut up Kyoya! Jun's in danger! She can't swim!" Breaking free of Kyoya's grasp, I flung my shirt at Maika and grabbing onto the railings once more, I threw myself over into the water after Jun. As the weather had been cold lately, the water was half that temperature; a chilling feeling which seeped into the bones. Ignoring the icy chills, I swam to Jun and grabbed onto her hand. I pulled her head back up above the water, relieved to see her choking out water and more importantly conscious. Back onto the cruise, I could hear Tamaki yelling orders.

"He needs a life ring, SOMEONE GET HIM A LIFE RING!" The twins appeared with one and immediately threw it into the water, making sure to hold on tight to the rope attached to its end. The ring landed some distance away from where I was, now it was up to me to make my way to the ring. Throwing Jun across my shoulders, I pushed my numb self across the rocky waters and slung an arm into the ring. Once I was firmly secured, everyone pulled us upwards onto the cruise quickly. As we ascended, I felt another spike of pain in my chest. Silently I bit my lip until the two of us were finally back onboard.

"JUN! JUN ARE YOU OKAY?!" Maika immediately went for Jun while I got my shirt. 

"Ren! Are you okay?!" 

"I'm fine, I'm used to swimming." Suddenly, something soft was flung onto my head. Grabbing the thing, it turned out to be one of the towels the Hitachiins had threw at me and Jun.

"You guys are gonna get the deck wet, dry yourselves quick." I grinned.

"Thanks."

"That was dangerous Asao Izumi," Wincing, I turned to see the Demon King Kyoya wearing a frown on his face, "You could have gotten in danger being exposed to low temperatures like that."

"Relax Kyoya, I'm fine." I started to walk off.

"Ren? Where are you going?"

"My room, I'm sleepy." With that, I left the group and made my way to my cabin. No one saw any reason to follow me, thanks to me asserting myself as the 'not-to-be-trifled-with' one. Once inside, I slumped against the door. The pain in my chest only seemed to stay, reminding me of the chains of time restricting my movements. My eyes which had been cast towards the floor finally registered the dainty feet of a little girl, floating a few inches off the floor. I looked up to see my little sister Maya, wearing a wistful expression as she stared at me while floating there. Her hair swam about her face as if in water, carefully framing her face like a delicate doll. She looked just as she did that day, petite and ageless.

"You've been watching me haven't you?" Maya nodded silently. I didn't have to ask; I had felt her presence several times ever since I woke up from coma, regardless of whether I was awake or not.

"How much... how much time do I have left?" Maya raised a finger in the air and her other hand formed an 'M' with three fingers cast downwards. 

1 M. One month left. I sighed to myself.