Trouble Ensues

"JUNNNN WHYYYY~"

I heard that whiny voice in the morning, most likely coming from my sister Maika. She rushed down the stairs and held up a pale yellow dress that reached past the knees. While she looked sparkly and eager, I on the other hand had the look as if my sights have been poisoned. She continued to whine, her wavy black twin tails swishing about and her pink eyes wide with eagerness.

"You'll look really CUTE in this Jun! C'mon, just wear this to school!"

"Hell no! Never in my life am I EVER gonna wear that!"

"C'mon, try being girly for once! Are you sure you want to crossdress throughout your whole high school life?! If someone finds out, you'd be labelled a crossdresser your whole life!"

I rolled my eyes at her statement. Maika tends to exaggerate stuff a lot, so I often ignored her till she calmed down. However, it looks like she won't be calming down any time soon, so I sighed and went about doing my thing while she continued whining in the doorway. I slipped on the black shoes, straightened out my blue blazer and took one glance in the mirror. Good, at least I look like a guy in this uniform. I waved back at Maika as I opened the door.

"I'll be off Sis."

"Take good care at school Jun! Oh yeah, did you take your medicine with you?"

The atmosphere dropped a little. We both knew what the medicine was for, in fact if we didn't we would find out very quickly eventually. Feeling the familiar bulge in my blazer's sidepocket, I nodded back at Maika.

"Yes, it's in my pocket."

Instant relief could be seen on her face. Her voice gave that cheery tone again.

"Okay great! See you later Jun~!"

I left the Sakurai household and walked towards my school, earning stares from passersby who seemed to see me as some eye candy. Nope, it was probably the uniform, I reassured myself. After all, students of my social standing don't wear this sort of uniform to school. Finally, I reached the massive gates of the school.

The iron gates loomed over me and opened to welcome me into a meadow of green, bringing the early spring vibes even though it was still late winter. Sakura trees aligned themselves following the tiled pavements, adding a soft pink to the lovely green colors. Beyond all these stood a tall and proud building, its architectural designs probably enough to make all art fanatics shed a tear. Every single element present before my eyes now made a really pretty picture. Truly, this was a school worthy of its title.

I gulped and straightened my tie. This was where I was going to study for the next three years. As impressive as it sounded, I was going to study at Ouran High School, one of the best private schools in the country. God, thank you for the sports scholarship.

After a pleasant morning walk passed the sakura trees, I finally entered the grand structure. One would immediately assume that he or she may have entered some sort of cathedral or monastery, because every single thing in here had been sculpted to perfection. Streaks of gold formed an intertwining pattern throughout the hallways, a marvelous look for the already-impressive-as-hell building. I could stay in here just admiring the art if only I didn't have to attend the school entrance ceremony, but being a good student I took off in a direction, referring to a map I had of the school towards the auditorium. I bumped straight into the shoulders of another student though, so I hurriedly apologized and ran off.