Encounter

"Woah! There's so many commoners gathered in one place! Is this the foodcourt?!"

"It's more crowded than I thought, don't commoners stay home and cook?"

"Look Haru-chan, Jun-chan~! There's a cake shop! Let's go Takeshi!"

"..."

"..."

"..."

"Haruhi? Jun? Why are you guys being so quiet?"

Quiet on the surface, boiling underneath the skin, that was how I felt at that moment.

THESE IDIOTS!!!

"WON'T YOU PLEASE LINE UP TO BUY YOUR FOOD INSTEAD OF OOGLING AT THE FOOD?!"

Finally all four of them listened to me, startled by my outburst. Even if I'm considered the more calm personality compared to Ren, I still have my limits. Today, I've certainly hit my limit with these bastard rich kids acting like four year olds (excluding Kyoya and Mori)! Taking care of them had been so tiring!

REN! SWITCH! NOW!

Lol why? I'm enjoying watching you suffer-

JUST F*CKING DO IT.

Ren dared not question more; he simply took over my spot, knocking me out in the process. Good, at least I can sleep properly... I thought to myself that as I drifted away into that familiar empty space at the back of my mind.

Meanwhile, Ren was left to handle with the mess. Oh well, it wasn't like he was going to take the responsibility over from Jun. He was simply here to enjoy watching the Host Club embarrass themselves. Jun was simply too kind compared to him.

"Hey Ren, are you still angry about the whole Nekozawa-senpai issue?" Haruhi on his right side questioned suddenly. Out of all the hosts, Haruhi was the only one who kept trying to converse with him. The rest simply ignored him every now and then, mostly because they feared Ren like the others.

"Sorta, it was them who caused that mess in the first place. They're lucky I spared them from hell though but they won't get a second chance next time..." As if to prove his point, Ren cracked his knuckles for the twins to hear and shiver to. Nearby people who watched Ren's dark side scurried away unnoticed, all except for Haruhi who simply folded her arms.

"You know, it's unhealthy to keep grudges Ren. You'll never be happy if you keep harboring hatred for people."

There was a slight pause after Haruhi's words. Before Haruhi could react, Ren turned his head facing away, his expression unreadable beneath his bangs.

"... It doesn't matter anymore, I've lost my reason to be happy anyway..." He muttered that dark statement to himself rather than Haruhi.

Ren...? Before Haruhi could react, the lost little girl was pulling her sleeve.

"Nee-san, Nee-san can we share food together?" Haruhi shook those thoughts out of her head, only to have them coming back once more.

Why was Ren being so negative?

******

Later that day, Rin was reunited with her twin and cousin brother. The colorful trio of yellow and blue hairs waved at them before leaving in a direction, with Len and Rin arguing over something. After that, the Host Club continued their expedition throughout the mall.