The Act of Repenting

Morning had arrived, waking all eight people early from bed with a purpose. As one they headed to the meeting area which was the living room of Jun's house, fresh and ready for the journey ahead.

"Okay we've managed to arrange everything perfectly!" Tamaki announced for the rest of them to hear. " Now all we need to do is to wake Yandere-kun up, get into the limo and head to the airport!" 

All of them agreed without much of an argument, already aware of the time slipping away from them. Jun's condition was stable for now according to Kyoya, but there were chances of post-accidental injuries occurring in the next four days. Simply put, Ren's prediction was becoming true. 

Secretly, Kyoya admitted to himself that Ren was probably right all along despite his better reasoning. 

"Izumi! Wake up! We're gonna leave soon!" Maika banged the door of Ren's room. Everyone then waited for a groggy Ren to wake up, yell at them for being loud, and then get ready quickly. 

Instead, nothing happened. No sounds were coming from the bedroom.

"Ren? Are you still sleeping? We're coming in, sorry for intruding." With that Maika opened the door, allowing herself and the Host Club a peek into the bedroom. There was simply no sign of Ren at all in the room.

"Huh? He's not here? That's strange." One by one they entered the room, curiosity taking over their senses of respecting someone's personal space.

"His blanket is folded and everything's pretty tidy. Where is he?"

"Guys look!" Haruhi held up two letters from where she searched at his desk. Peering closer for a closer look, they saw all eight of their names written on one letter and the other being for Jun. As Haruhi moved to let them see them, a piece of paper slipped out from between the two letters. Only two words were written on the piece of paper.

" 'I'm sorry.' " Haruhi read them out loud. Confusion spread like wildfire on their faces.

"Sorry? For what?!" 

"Everyone look!" Honey-senpai pointed at the opened window, "There's a rope tied outside the window!" True enough, there was a long rope tied to the opened window, trailing all the way to the grass at the bottom. It didn't take that long to put two and two together.

"He climbed out, Izumi escaped out the window!" Tamaki concluded loud and clear.  

"No, don't tell me..." Immediately Kyoya sought out Nekozawa's number on his phone. The receiver picked up after two rings.

"Ootori-san help! Someone robbed my ritual cabinet!"

Nekozawa's shrill voice was loud enough to get everyone's attention, each one coming to their own realizations. Only Kyoya remained calm, trying to reassess the situation.

"What are the stolen objects?"

"A ritual knife, chalk, some talismans, purifying salt and a spellbook! Those items are very precious and hard to get! I don't know what to do! I-" Those shrill cries gone a pitch higher if it was any possible.

"How did you get robbed?! I thought your security was tight!"

"I didn't think anyone would go to our family's graveyard in the middle of the night and lock pick the toolshed!"

"What?!" Haruhi checked her watch, "It's already 7 hours after the crime!"

"We're on our way." Kyoya hung up immediately and gestured the rest to follow him. 

"Wh-What's going on?! Why do we have to help Nekozawa now?! We need to find Ren!"

"We are," Haruhi stated with sweat beading her face.