Chapter 5

So sorry about the long wait; I didn't have enough time on the computer where my work is saved on. I'll make sure that the next chapter doesn't have such a long wait for it. The next chapter should be up by tomorrow or the next day.

Chapter 5:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“How has she not said anything?” A voice screamed through the phone, and the Boss winced in his office. The Interrogator was getting extremely irritated with Domini, and he was taking it out on his Boss- something that should never happen.

“Interrogator calm down!” He yelled and this time, on the other end of the line, the Interrogator winced. The Interrogator did not say anything though. Everyone knew that they should never cross their Boss, no matter who it may be. “How many days has it been?” This time, even though the Boss’ tone was flat, the warning in it was clear.  Nobody could, or would, mess with that tone of voice. The last time somebody had messed with the Boss….

“It has been four days, Sir.” The Interrogator took on a tone of voice that clearly conveyed that, in this conversation, he was not the higher rank. This pleased the Boss immensely. The Interrogator was not a person who gave in to others easily. It also proved that he really was upset over Domini Jetson. That was not good.

Sighing, he responded, “Just keep trying to get her to crack. However, we cannot wait too long, lest her body becomes accustomed to this irregular schedule. There are few things that we can do after that.”

“Yes, Sir.” The Interrogator said flatly. He was not happy about what has gone on in the conversation. A type of person like Domini was something that he had never encountered before in his line of work. She was proving to be mentally stronger than everyone had suspected. He knew then that something was wrong with the girl and her family, and vowed to himself that he would be the one to find out.

Maybe then, he would get the credit for doing something. His Boss did absolutely nothing but sit in his office all day, yet he still got all the praise. Everyone had always liked him more, and the Interrogator was going to make sure that it would not stay that way for long.

Mr. Jetson was gone again. This morning, Mrs. Jetson didn’t even bother looking around for him. She knew that the only place he might be, if he were home, would be his office, and Mrs. Jetson knew well enough not to bother him in there. She never had before, but knew that he preferred to keep the things he did at work and the things he did at home separate. According to him, she didn’t need to know what went on in his office. Mrs. Jetson vehemently disagreed with that statement, but arguing on the subject got her absolutely nowhere. Often, it was a topic that was on her mind as she sat alone in their house.

He was so stubborn! The only time he wasn’t was when he knew that it was a topic that the other person would never give up on, and even then, he hated doing it. Mr. Jetson always said it was for their safety, but Mrs. Jetson sometimes wished that she knew what was going on in her husband’s head.

In fact, Domini was the exact same way: She had never, in her life, backed down from an argument. Mrs. Jetson wondered how it was that she got this way, as she had never seen Mr. Jetson argue with someone. Then again, it could just be genetics.

“I can’t believe she hasn’t attempted to kill herself or break something yet. She won’t even say anything!” Employee 546 whispered to Employee 547. Everyone in the lab that Domini was being held in was surprised- and nervous. They had all thought that she would crack fairly quickly. The fact that she had not said anything proved more about her character than anything that she had said or done throughout her entire life.

“She better say something soon,” murmured Employee 547 back. She was surprised that Domini Jetson was like this.

Their tactics had not failed on anyone else before her, and why she was an exception nobody understood. Employee 546 and Employee 547 knew that if she did not say anything at all soon, the consequences would be deadly for them. The Interrogator was getting very, very mad. This was the first one that he had not been able to get to talk, and of all people it had to be a fifteen year old girl.